NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

Thanks to everyone who chipped in re couplings. I'm still none the wiser where this will all end up.

Aside from the above debate, there's been no actual train settery. Other more domestic matters have dominated including a hospital visit culminating in good news regarding a medical matter concerning No1 daughter, which truth be told, was weighing heavy on myself and the Memsahib.

Car tinkering is the order of this morning unless what appears to be impending man flu gets the upper hoof and renders me unfit for duty.

Rob.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
good news indeed regarding lambkins, I would take things easy today and build up your strength for the car for another day.

regards

Mike

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all.

Thank you. It's been a bit trying as of late. Not much hoing on at Chateau Sheep this morning. I have the dreaded lurghi. Snot everywhere. General malaise.

Best I can manage for now is an image.....20220514_151433-05.jpeg

3509 also presents quite well on Sheep Dip...
20220512_152154-01.jpeg

And Bleat Wharf.......20220511_193800-01.jpeg

Rob.

Chris Veitch

Western Thunderer
@Sheepbloke - I saw Sheep Lane at a show this morning but you're obviously not out and about at the moment. Have you sold it on? (It was good to see one of your layouts in the flesh for the first time - very nice).

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,

Yes, Sheep Lane was both the first of my layouts and the first to be sold by myself.

Mike has it out and about. He's also had Mutton off me and I understand that's already got a few invites in the North East.

Sheep Lane's completion was the catalyst that kick started everything.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hi Julian,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread last time you mentioned it, I've moved on my J70s. I've decided to stick with the diesels. In particular, the running on DCC of both the Hornby 08 and the Bachmann 03 is far superior to the running of the Model Rail J70s. They could have been better to be honest.

If Rapido re-release it as their own ( as they've done with the dynometer car they did for Rails) then I might revisit but until then, 1960s diesel it is.

Rob.

As I say...........yes, yes, I know...........

PMP

Western Thunderer
The cab roof is lower too on the early 04’s. There is an Impetus etched kit for the skirts and cab that used to be available, designed to fit the Kitmaster/AirfixDapol kit. It’s worth watching eBay etc as they do come up occasionally.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Sparkshott Custom Creations do a kit for the early-type bodyshell: https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/_files/ugd/e04827_ca9fd3c52c6b4590a2746cb4bee77d42.pdf Page 20

The cab roof is lower too on the early 04’s. There is an Impetus etched kit for the skirts and cab that used to be available, designed to fit the Kitmaster/AirfixDapol kit. It’s worth watching eBay etc as they do come up occasionally.

Thanks both. Chris Hopper did a nice build of the Sparkshot kit. He produced a really nice model.

50902538122_08f93f3ef8_z.jpg

I'd forgotten about the Impetus kit, Paul. Search added now to my ebay.

I must admit I would like one to trundle about the place.

Rob.

Bagnall built

Yes i know that the are not like the prototype but at £13.50 including postage i thought id try one out seeing as i have an 04 doing nothing ,

i do plan on filing in the windows ,and i am also a bit hit and miss with 3d resin prints so an experiment is ok .

unfortunately maybe that's where i differ as i am more of an impressionist , that one looks very nice though and if i were modelling the W&u then would look at that the sparkshot one .

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
My style of modelling drops very much into the broad brush category as well James. Have no fear of that !!

Here is Chris's build of the sparkshot 3D job.

Attachments

• Drewry-Final-2.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 45

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Lovely photo of the J70 Rob, and I do like the colour shot of the 04. Which depot is it?
From a satisfied onlooker..........have the running problems been sorted?
All the best
Julian

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
The J70 does look very much in keeping with Ewe. I used to have one myself, but it got moved on in the end (part of a shipment to Hattons), because the back-to-backs were too wide (at 14.75mm to 15mm) for the OO-SF pointwork on Bethesda Sidings.