NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

Something of a modelling hiatus hereabouts as Ewe is prepped for a trip "down the road" to the Penarth show this coming weekend.

After that, there's a gap until it's outings in September.

One of these is here......

Railex2024Banner-1.jpg

WHEN: Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September 2024, 10am – 4:30pm

WHERE: The Market Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8LW
5 minutes walk from Maidstone West Railway Station.
Ample parking is available at the nearby (pay at machine or via RingGo app).
The Market Hall is a wheelchair-friendly venue.

It's a bit of a step for me from Welsh Wales but it does look like being rather good fun.

Rob

Simon H

All things being equal we'll have moved by then, in which case it'll be nearly as big a trip for me as it is for you.
I went to a show (different organiser) in the Market Hall over the new year period, it's a nice venue and pretty convenient for public transport, but I remember the lighting not being great...very yellow with no external windows, though ISTR your layouts being well lit, so I'm sure it'll be fine. There was a live steam layout there at the other show and it got pretty fumey, hopefully this won't be the case in September.
Hope all goes well,
Simon.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Evening all,

It's been a bit quiet on Sheep Dip as of late but tonight has seen a bit of playing.....ahem.....operating going on.

What is likely to be the first of the new Dapol Hawthorn Leslie 0.4.0STs has landed.

I give you, Spider.

1000001335.jpg

First impressions are that he is very well detailed, has an excellent level of finish and runs very nicely straight out of the box.

More to follow but very impressed. In fact, having bought a few RTR locos over the last twelve months this could well be the one I'm most satisfied with.

Rob.