Geoff

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

The upgraded (?) Bachmann shed has been test fitted to the layout and the tree plonked in place.

I need to do a bit more work on the roof. I was over enthusiastic with the matt varnish, I should know better, and lost the lighter colours as it was too wet. Not a drama to re apply though.

I think we are getting there but the clock is definately ticking.........

View attachment 160391

View attachment 160392

View attachment 160393

View attachment 160394
Would look even more brilliant in 7mm.
I was just about to say the same Alan, what a lovely piece of modelling!

The 03 looks right at home Rob, but I have to point out that at just over 7" inches long mine is bigger than yours. :p

P1190334 (3).JPG

Geoff

keefr22

Western Thunderer
I had to use the 'funny' emoji for your comment Geoff, but I'd also like to give the photo a like too - lovely misty morning in mid Wales!

All Rob's pics are pretty atmospheric too! Two superb layouts. :)

Keith

Tim Hale

Western Thunderer
NHY 581,

My apologies for not remembering your name but I just wanted to congratulate you for the image posted yesterday at 08:22, most attractive and a subliminal kick up my a** to do some scenery. My lack of imagination has resulted in the purchase of a 'grotty' hut if only because I failed to find any other Pendon RTP even remotely suitable for plonking down in a corner of a field.

Well done, it is a truly lovely scene.

Tim

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Heather, Tim

Thank you for those very kind words and to everyone else for their 'likes' etc.

I'm hoping that the weekend will see the scenic work brought to a stage where, if not finished, I can regard it as good enough for now.

I class the Bachmann Pendon range as amongst their best RTP buildings. Some are getting scarce now whilst others are attracting rather optimistic prices from entrepreneurs on a certain auction site.

Like all RTP buildings, they merit further tinkering...

Rob.

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Afternoon all,

The backscene on the form of plain card is now attached.
Work is continuing on the scenic side of things but the opportunity was taken to pop the layout into the garden....

View attachment 160992

Not sure the lighting rig will be up to much though.

Rob.
I think the plain backscene works well, and makes the Layout look so much bigger than it really is. It works well. :thumbs: