Smokestack

Rob, sorry to bother you if you’ve already mentioned it but do you use the smaller LACK table as the fiddle yard. Secondly, whose yard crane is on Bleat Wharf?
cheers Les

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Hi Les, Not at all and good to hear from you.

The table I use for the fiddle yard on Bleat is a LACK TV table.

31dR0T8WmkL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

They've recently gone up to £12 each.

The yard crane on Bleat is a spares box special. It combines bits from a Wills yard crane and a Cambrian GWR mobile crane truck jobbie.

20210513_191458-01-01-01.jpeg

The base was left over from lowering a Bachmann Scenecraft signal box.

20200109_202241-03.jpeg.8217cc49fc4027bcb015822f7a820041.jpeg-02.jpeg

The top planking are matchsticks and the railings are track pins and handrail wire.

20210328_194300-01.jpeg

The steps are from a Bachmann store.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Evening all,

A quick update. The trials and tribulations ( actually few in number) involved in having new windows fitted are behind us. Focus is now on the re commisioning of the Room of Doom and the progression of Ewe ahead of it's exhibition debut on the 24th April.

Still much to do but I'm hoping to chip away at the outstanding jobs.

Main ones are;

Finalise fiddle yard entrance/exit.

Install DCC panel and gubbins.

Final decision on kadees. Yes or no.

Add backscene.

Weather locos.

Final scenic tweaks.

Drapes.

Beer.

Rob.

Rob R

Western Thunderer
Evening all,

A quick update. The trials and tribulations ( actually few in number) involved in having new windows fitted are behind us. Focus is now on the re commisioning of the Room of Doom and the progression of Ewe ahead of it's exhibition debut on the 24th April.

Main ones are;

Finalise fiddle yard entrance/exit.

Install DCC panel and gubbins.

Final decision on kadees. Yes or no.

Add backscene.

Weather locos.

Final scenic tweaks.

Drapes.

Beer.

Rob.
Rob
Are you sure that list is in the right order?
The entry under "B" is not only too far down the list it isn't repeated often enough.

Rob R

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Evening all,

Main ones are;

Finalise fiddle yard entrance/exit. Beer.
Install DCC panel and gubbins. Beer.

Final decision on kadees. Yes or no. Beer.

Add backscene. Beer.

Weather locos. Beer.

Final scenic tweaks. Beer.

Drapes. Beer.

Beer. Beer.

Rob.

Just the one beer? Sorted that for you.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob
Are you sure that list is in the right order?
The entry under "B" is not only too far down the list it isn't repeated often enough.

Rob R

Indeed. I note the astute observation made by my learned friend and would draw his attention to the subsequent comments made above by my other learned friend.............

Just the one beer? Sorted that for you.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Afternoon all,

Work continues to ready the layout for it's exhibition debut on the 24th. A few changes have been made, primarily to step away from the Kadees. I have therefore replaced sleepers previously cut away to accommodate the magnets, reballasted and I'm standing by on the drying of the PVA.

I'm hoping the resulting carnage won't be too apparent.

I've also put the layout name board together. Somewhat bold in look but not unattractive to this here sheep. The blue is a nod to the ex - Great Eastern setting..

20220408_141800-01.jpeg

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all,

The upgraded (?) Bachmann shed has been test fitted to the layout and the tree plonked in place.

I need to do a bit more work on the roof. I was over enthusiastic with the matt varnish, I should know better, and lost the lighter colours as it was too wet. Not a drama to re apply though.

I think we are getting there but the clock is definately ticking.........

20220409_072335-01.jpeg

20220409_072255-01.jpeg

20220409_072129-01.jpeg

20220409_071942-01.jpeg