Andy P

Western Thunderer
The two forums are very different despite both covering the subject of railways. As Rob says, each has its merits. There's a much higher percentage of making and practical chat on here.

The lack of wishlisting, moaning about the latest release and heated arguments on here are a breath of fresh air. You also get a lot of support on here when trying out new to you things. Researching prototype info and working out ways of replicating it doesn't end up with you being labelled a sad rivet counter and unlike the other place I've never been told I'm wasting my time.

That said, the current offline status of RMweb has reminded me just how much information is on the forum. Just about all my recent searches for info return a high percentage of RMweb thread hits, all of which are currently inaccessible. Hopefully it will get sorted with minimal damage.
What did we do before forums like these? I've had to talk to the wife this week, :eek: scary.:drool:

Andy P

Western Thunderer
That sounds like a good reason to get your thread up and running then Andy...........
I daren't, :D Cornish Branch? Mid 60's? Track Plan almost from Bodmin General? Its coming on well so far, saw Chris's thread earlier, and remembered I need to do the Point Roding before ballasting.

STOP keep posting the pics of that 03, just wonderful.:thumbs:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Back to the modelling then...............which is in danger of getting submerged.....

Sadly projext X is closer to not finished than finished

Plans to attach the backscene might have to wait unless I can do this tomorrow.
I can't afford to lose too much time on this with 25 days left before it's first exhibition, Project X must make progress.

On the to do list

Create and attach backscene.

Make and attach permanent bus bar. The usual speaker cable will be used.

Install DCC socket and stuff.

Finalise Kadee uncoupling stuff.

Buildings- several need painting and weathering.

Barrow crossings. Two are needed. Stripwood will be cut, painted and weathered.

Locos- at least two need weathering.

So, there is a lot to do between now and the 24th April.........mindful I'm also organising that show as well as closing down the Room of Doom for a week in a couple of days time due to building work at Chateau Sheep.......

Rob.