NHY 581

Western Thunderer
I've had a tinker with one of the Bachmann 03s today. Nothing groundbreaking.

20220327_132910-01.jpeg

The little chap has had some weathering added by way of powders.

20220327_132519-01.jpeg

As is customary, I'll leave it for a few days before finishing it off but not too bad at present and looking quite at home in the country.

20220327_132744-01.jpeg

Rob.

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Rob, Brilliant pis and scenics as always, but a comment if I may, (AND its NOT a criticism, as could not do better) but in the last pic, the batches of reeds look a bit to evenly spaced, so maybe some bits in between a couple maybe.

Love that 03. :thumbs:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Rob, Brilliant pis and scenics as always, but a comment if I may, (AND its NOT a criticism, as could not do better) but in the last pic, the batches of reeds look a bit to evenly spaced, so maybe some bits in between a couple maybe.

Love that 03. :thumbs:

Hi Andy,

Totally agree regarding the reeds. I've no where near enough of them as yet. I'm waiting for more to arrive as alluded to earlier. None are stuck down as I need to remove the excess manufacturers glue from the stems. When they arrive, that will add to the mass as it were. Another fifty or so should do it.

Here's the 03 at the other end........

20220327_155516-01-02.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy P

Western Thunderer
Good to see you, Jay.
There's some very good stuff tucked away. Gentler pace that the other channel but lots of familiar faces hereon.
Perhaps once you've settled in you can getxa thread going ?

Rob.
Will you be continuing in the other place as well as in here Rob, assuming it gets sorted?

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Will you be continuing in the other place as well as in here Rob, assuming it gets sorted?

Morning Andy,

Absolutely. I tend to post on both as each forum has much to offer in their own respective way. Certainly less thread drift on here and I'm as guilty of that as anyone but I enjoy the more focused approach we have here.
I'm sure it will get sorted. How much survives remains to be seen but if it doesn't, there's little (if anything) we can do about it other than just get on with it.

Rob.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
The two forums are very different despite both covering the subject of railways. As Rob says, each has its merits. There's a much higher percentage of making and practical chat on here.

The lack of wishlisting, moaning about the latest release and heated arguments on here are a breath of fresh air. You also get a lot of support on here when trying out new to you things. Researching prototype info and working out ways of replicating it doesn't end up with you being labelled a sad rivet counter and unlike the other place I've never been told I'm wasting my time.

That said, the current offline status of RMweb has reminded me just how much information is on the forum. Just about all my recent searches for info return a high percentage of RMweb thread hits, all of which are currently inaccessible. Hopefully it will get sorted with minimal damage.