Phil O

Western Thunderer
Very good work Sheepy, it looks very natural, probably needs a few of your ovine colleagues cropping the grass.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning,

Thanks both for the positive comments.

I'm working on the 'water feature' to the front of the layout.

Still on the initial colouring stage but I'm thinking I'm not too far away.

The colour can be glimpsed below.

IMG-20220311-WA0001-01.jpeg

Water surface will be PVA as per Allan Downes, a technique also employed by Chris Nevard. Depending on the sparkly look when dry, I might well add some gloss varnish as a 'top coat'.

Rob.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Is now a good time to say I've never succeed in any of my attempts to do water. It's either escaped on to the floor, dissolved the underlying polystyrene, not dried or dried a funny colour...

Wishing you more success!

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Is now a good time to say I've never succeed in any of my attempts to do water. It's either escaped on to the floor, dissolved the underlying polystyrene, not dried or dried a funny colour...

Wishing you more success!

Afternoon Pencarrot.

This is my ever first attempt. I'm not entirely sure it's going well. I'll know more when the white blobby mass dries out. The first coat applied yesterday looked a tad milky. Nice shine but a tad milky.

But......if you don't try, you don't learn nuffin'.

SB.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I have used Woodland Scenics 'Realistic Water' in the past. it was okay. I spotted earlier that you said you had no sheep on the layout. It forestalled me mentioning this. Sheep are very good at making grassy areas look as it they have been mown. :)

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
I have used Woodland Scenics 'Realistic Water' in the past. it was okay. I spotted earlier that you said you had no sheep on the layout. It forestalled me mentioning this. Sheep are very good at making grassy areas look as it they have been mown. :)

Larry, I have long been campaigning for SheepBloke to have some sheep on one of his layouts. Feel free to join the campaign! :p

Rob R

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

No, that's simply layers of a mixture of mainly 4mm static grass. I've then added various colours of fine flock by sprinkling onto layering spray. It sticks where it lands. Final securing is by way of max hold hairspray just to be sure.

Rob.
Thanks Rob.
Time to start stockpiling scenic stuff as I am now custodian of a layout in need of a greenery refresh and if it turns out half as good as yours I'll be very happy.
Rob R