NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all.

Working backwards, here are a few views of the ash I used to provide the yard surface.

20220222_092938-01.jpeg

20220222_090746-01.jpeg

Dusted over a layer of PVA using a tea strainer with dilute PVA then dropped on using a syringe as when glueing the ballast. It's important to avoid dropping the diluted PVA on from height as this could cause circular depressions or 'cratering'.

20220222_090904-01.jpeg

20220222_090925-01.jpeg

Rob.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Have you moved the location Rob? The beautifully modelled trees have gone, N.Cornwall or storm Eunice!

No seriously I do like the trees in the earlier pictures (temporarily removed for further modelling)

All the best

Julian

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
I too like the tree shot, but I think the winter trees look very real. IMO. You can feel the cold, similar to the old East Suffork Light Railway.....

Thanks

Julian

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
View attachment 157836

Oh I'm so glad now a question, the tree on the right has the best looking willow type foliage I have seen to date, Pray tell how you did it?

Michael

Hi Micheal,

I can take no credit for the trees. All are from Polish company. The link is here....

The ordering, payment and postage was extremely straight forward.

I'm definitely going back to them in the future. Very pleased.

Rob.

michael mott

Western Thunderer
thanks for the link Rob, I checked out the costs, 1 tree would cost me $89 the shipping being almost twice the cost of the model. They are really good looking trees and a most impressive range of types, on my salary $0 I would not be able to do it though.

But inspiring and will give me a challenge to improve my own efforts.

Michael