Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

An almost total absence of any modelling from me over the last 8 months. The projects are still live though.

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very merry Christmas. I hope you all get items off your modelling wants lists and have the opportunity, health and enthusiasm in 2023 to work on your various projects.

Last edited:

AdeMoore

Western Thunderer
Merry Christmas Chris to you and yours.
Good to see you and Polsarrett earlier this year.
Hope you manage to get to the modelling bench in 2023.

Last edited:

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris, nice to see some Pencarrow posts!

Season‘s seasoning!
Simon

Just spent a really enjoyable hour re-reading posts from early 2019. It was a period when I was unwell and off work but one in which I did a significant amount of modelling of the buildings, particularly the the wharf pair. You forget sometimes how much work and thought (plus assistance, suggestion and humour from you lot) go into a finished project. Little did I know at the time that one of the wharf buildings would go on to win the 2021 GoG virtual competition.

Always interesting too to read about the thoughts at the time concerning when certain products will arrive. The Dapol 45xx was delayed to the end of the year... Mine arrived a few months back in 2022. My LLC class 22 order fell through when the company went belly up but I did acquire a beautifully made JLTRT version this year. Ragstone Models acquired Agenoria 7mm kits and I heard this year that they have dropped plans to re-issue and revise the 1366 kit. Heljan showed early examples of the 03 model, and I now have a nicely weathered version.

The other thing that struck me were the warmth, generosity and humour in the many posts made by Grahame Hitchen. Sadly missed but, reflecting in 2022, I'm really glad I made the effort to go to his funeral. I did acquire some stock, a large collection of paint and a cameo cutter from his estate. Really must crack on with putting them into use.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Mint sauce would be nice to go with our roast lamb on New Year's Day.;)

I did consider lamb for Christmas day, really good with mint sauce. I find turkey heavily over-rated and a bit bland, so always look for alternatives. We do however keep coming back to duck. Yum. Might still be lamb on New Year's eve though...

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
A fascinating afternoon finding photos, both current and period. Some time spent on Google earth getting plan dimensions and then searching through the planning authority website for applications containing plans. One of the best hits though was a shop in one of the buildings that had a Google Street view tour of the interior, all floors!

So I now know what the buildings look like inside and out, the room layout, the fireplace layout, where the stairs go and what windows and doors go to what rooms. Important in this case as the buildings are split level with 5 different floor levels. Really helps me get my head around what I can play with to suit my situation.

As usual some quality working sketches...

rps20230108_211901.jpg

rps20230108_211950.jpg

Bed now as I'm taking No1 wife to the airport at 4.30am. And yes, she does want to go...