Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
That looks bloody damn good.

Just sayin'

SB

Spiffin’

Cheers chaps, quite enjoying the painting. It's a bit tricky swapping between the 4mm clay dries and 7mm grain store though. Very slightly different finishes and techniques for each.

I read an article a few years back about colour scaling and how you should use less vibrant colours on the smaller scales. I've tried that with the rust effects - less orange on the 4mm dries compared to the 7mm wharf tin roof.

The strange thing is I was absolutely rubbish at art at school. My drawings and paintings were awful. I never realised that I needed to paint on a plasticard medium as apposed to paper and canvas. :))

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Received some really sad news yesterday. Grahame Hitchen (Bagman on the other channel) passed away after a heart attack and two strokes. I heard that he'd had and survived the heart attack and things were starting to look up. Unfortunately 2 strokes followed and a great modeller and general lovely bloke has been taken too soon. His humour and kindness will be sorely missed.

My thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.

RIP GBloke.

simond

Western Thunderer
Chris,

that is truly sad news. Grahame was a great modeller and a super bloke - mega helpful. Though we only knew each other through WT & RMWeb, we had corresponded for a while, and were looking forward to meeting at a show sometime. I had no idea he had been so ill.

if you are in contact with his family, please pass on my sincere condolences.

meanwhile, the custom GW transfers he kindly made for me are on my Riding Van, and will serve as a memento.

image.jpg

Simon

Wagons from the Grahame Hitchen estate

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Chris,

that is truly sad news. Grahame was a great modeller and a super bloke - mega helpful. Though we only knew each other through WT & RMWeb, we had corresponded for a while, and were looking forward to meeting at a show sometime. I had no idea he had been so ill.

if you are in contact with his family, please pass on my sincere condolences.

meanwhile, the custom GW transfers he kindly made for me are on my Riding Van, and will serve as a memento.

View attachment 155700

Simon

I have been unreliably informed that GW stands for Grahame Wagon. As such I felt it appropriate to obtain the following from the estate of the late Grahame Hitchen. Great bloke and I'll treasure them...

IMG_20220227_132334.jpg