4mm Polsarrett: BR(S) N Cornwall Clay, The Final Countdown

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Did they mention any particular Wednesday or are you hoping that it might be this Wednesday? Some people think I'm a bit cynical.

Well let's see what happens... I wouldn't bet on this Wednesday though and I'm running out of Wednesdays before the show.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Did I read that the St Blazey conversions with independent brakes had two one side and one the other? Which side did the twin brakes go? The side with the end door to the left or the other?

I seem to remember that the end doors were marshalled in the train so they were always at the same end to aid unloading in the tipper at Par. I presume though that there must have been a wagon turntable or triangle at Par to turn nonconforming wagons? Anyone know?

SimonT

Western Thunderer
Is this the first quantum backscene? It's a bit like Mick's solder, it's there but not there if you look at it. Cutting edge modelling.

Phil O

Western Thunderer
Let's hope that today is the Wednesday is the day the backscene actually materialize.

Guess what backscene fans?...

Ha, as I suggested earlier, they didn't say exactly which Wednesday, I had hoped that it might be this one, but it seems such hopes have been dashed, still there's another one next week. I think I may take solace in a small G n T.

Backscene finally arrives but...

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Which is a good job because I need to finish this blessed layout by the 22nd and it's definitely fighting me.

Now the backscene. This is version 3 (don't ask)...

rps20220408_122655.jpg

The two main things in the written specification I gave were: 1. Matt finish. 2. Must be able to bend down to a 100mm radius for the corners.

Well. Item 1 was the cause of this being version 3, long story. Item 2, well let's just say it is somewhat noncompliant. The best it can manage, with some force, is 300mm and then you get wrinkles in the front.

I'm going to mull this one over but a router may be involved. By that I mean this sort of router
download (1).jpeg

Not this sort
download.jpeg