Scottish Wagon Works

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
We have a limited supply of etched brass 4mm components for L&Y wagons. These are to provide sprung compensation and/or double hanger brake gear for the 10'6 wheelbase wagons. The springing units can also be used independently for any wagon and have the curved retaining plate on the axle guard.

Available from the SWW Store

IMG_0653.jpegIMG_0655.jpegIMG_0658.jpegIMG_0659.jpeg

John

Brian Wainwright

Very impressed by my first purchase, the HR open. I shall certainly be back for more. A quality product and easy to assemble. I did it during odd minutes, but I think anyone with any concentration could have completed the kit in a morning.

Cupboard door wagons, though rare, were not unknown in England. I have found one in Sherwood (Mansfield) livery in the well-known multi-volume series. Not quite sure as to the exact type though.

HR Brake Van Kit New

John Duffy

Western Thunderer
Ahead of the Cupar exhibition this weekend we have been preparing some new kits. Because of a layout commitment to this show we have had to re-order our planned sequence of kits, so the next vehicle joining the range will be the HR Drummond 4 wheel brake van. The kit will be considerably more involved than our current models but we think it will produce a very nice model. They are still a little way off as we need to make some alterations from the test prints, but we hope to have a launch date shortly. The transfer sheets to support the kit will also be available.

These are some images of the test prints.
IMG_0782.JPGIMG_0783.JPGIMG_0784.JPGIMG_0785.JPG

Updates to follow.

John