Mr Tiger Viking - G1 1/32nd Modelling Workshop

28ten

Guv'nor
Steve
I have spoken to a couple of military figure sculptors about doing drivers in resin, I have some samples of their figures I will bring along in August.

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hello All
Good to be back, Amazing how work and family commitments take time out of your hobby:( however I have managed to jump back on the 1/32nd train, I fell off and landed on on the 2mm finescale Warship train !! however I have now put that fetish to one side and completed some work on my Gauge 1 1/32nd projects.:) Firstly I have managed to get Tiger into grey primer, using the Tamiya fine primer, next to be seen in the paint shops were the chassis and bogie chassis, these both have been primed grey and top coated black.
At the recent Cheltenham show the opportunity was taken to carry on with the Class 21 D6109 and Class 29 D6107, lots of fettiling and soldering and after 2 days work all that I could show was the top bodyside strip soldered onto all 4 bodysides this is the part that will eventually be used to attach the roof. All the body side grill frames required to be taken down in size by 0.3mm and the aperture for the cooler group grills needed opening up to accomodate the cooler group body side grills, these were also made up from 12 thin sheets of etch, by tinning all sides and then laminating 3 of these etches to create the required thickness for the grill...... and that was it-a weekends work !!
Some good news from the Fredmiester the D600 kit is back on the radar :thumbs::thumbs: see pic attached, Fred has been putting the finishing touches to the 2nd cab end, so watch this space for more news on this his next kit in G1 1/32nd, now do I do D600 in BFY or D602 in Bsy or D604 in Gsy or one without the headcode boxes and a small yellow panel ? aaaagghh the choice !!
Ive had a look round the new site, good to see the same old names and the excellent modelling that is being produced, one word................. INSPIRING. :thumbs:
Regards for now
Mr Tiger Viking

Attachments

• D600.JPG
    D600.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 80

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
I just thought I would share some of the 2mm finescale Warships that I have been playing around with, (Total distraction from what I shold be modelling !!). Hopefully this fetish has been exorcised, the Hymek has been sold as probably will the 800`s. Graham Farish Warships have recieved full cab detail repaint, driver & secondman fully painted, scratch built speedo and tripometer, footsteps underneath the drivers side buffer, the holes added to the disc wheels and suitably weathered. The Dapol Hymek had a proper air tank built at one end along with the scratch built ATC shoe, along with all the necessary pipework and footstep on the bufferbeam again the cabs have been paint detailed and a suitable driver and secondman duly painted in correct BR uniforms using 2mm bachmann figures. The diorama not finished (Built by Trevor Hale) has the 2mm finescale association track which to me makes all the difference in 2mm. Now back to G1 1/32nd.

Attachments

• A rare bird on Long Rock Hymek D7066 summer 1966.JPG
    A rare bird on Long Rock Hymek D7066 summer 1966.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 78
  • D819 & D823 at Long Rock in the setting sun.JPG
    D819 & D823 at Long Rock in the setting sun.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 78
  • D823 Hermes, D819 & D811 in support.JPG
    D823 Hermes, D819 & D811 in support.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 75
  • D827 Kelly and Hymek D7066.JPG
    D827 Kelly and Hymek D7066.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 75
  • D815 Druid Long Rock stabling point May 1968.JPG
    D815 Druid Long Rock stabling point May 1968.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 76

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi TV, nice pics of the warships:thumbs:. Im looking forward to some progress pics on "Tiger".
The cab pic of D600 looks exellent, i will watch this thread with interest;)

Rob

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
.... Now back to G1 1/32nd.
So you can put the microscope away too, now...?!? :D

Mindyou, let's face it - those pics show just how far N- gauge ok, 2mm scale has come recently - only a few years ago those photos would just automatically have been assumed to be of 4mm scale models - in fact I'd have thought that now if I hadn't known the scale from the post. Fantastic detail!! Only trouble is you have to get so close up to see it!! :confused: :rolleyes:

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
As I have allready mentioned Tiger has been in the paint shops, D854 is now in primer, when in primer this help to highlight any issues with the bodysides, I notice where I have joined the lower valances on the bodyside that the filler has got in the valances visible join line which will be required to be removed/scribed apart from that I notice I have possibly applied to much primer around the air intak grills and the air horn grills, these will be picked out with a pin. Bogies are complete now that the have been painted all that requires to be done here is to add the RG7 motor/gears and the excellent Mark Wood wheelsets.

Attachments

• Primed front end of D854 Tiger.JPG
    Primed front end of D854 Tiger.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 53
  • Painted Warship bogie with pick ups.JPG
    Painted Warship bogie with pick ups.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 49

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
4 so far,with D836 Powerful still in the box !! I think I am addicted to Warship class diesels, I wonder if there is a cure for this? I hope not !! :), have you decided which one you are doing yet? I will send you some images to help you with the detail etc. :thumbs:
Cheers
Mr TV

28ten

Guv'nor
It will be Druid, either GSYP or MFYP. It is so far down the list I doubt it will be started in the next five years :)
You could do with a Hymek or three.....

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
"I think I am addicted to Warship class diesels. I wonder if there is a cure for this? I hope not !"

Yes TV there is a cure get addicted to WESTERNS:)):)):thumbs:
Exellent work :bowdown::bowdown:

Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
One Hydraulic & your hooked :)).

It all started for me with one RJH Western.................now I seem to have 3 Westerns, 4 Hymeks, 2 Warshps & 1 Class 22....... .......so obviously I'm short of Warships & Baby Warships !!!!:))
mmmmmmmmm I could do with a MFYP & a couple of early BFYP Warships ?

Phill :confused:

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
"I think I am addicted to Warship class diesels. I wonder if there is a cure for this? I hope not !"

Yes TV there is a cure get addicted to WESTERNS:)):)):thumbs:
Exellent work :bowdown::bowdown:

Rob
Hi Rob, Obviously a Western in G1 1/32nd would be fantastic, however thats years away yet, Fred has to complete the D600`er. However it does not stop me from thinking about it and what livery I may have. Again I am assuming we are all of a certain age that remembers Blue Full Yellow ends on the Wezzie`s, however I admire Maroon Full Yellow, It makes the 1000`s look very regal, My personal Favourate is D1020 Western Hero, which by 1970/71 was in the most depolrable state, now that would be an intresting weathering project. I also like a very clean D1000 Western Enterprise in Desert Sand with no yellow panel, this livery when clean really empasisis the clean line design of a Western, Micha Black wanted the Western Livery to be tourquise, which I am sure would have suited thier clean lines and looked good with the alloy window frames and black backed alloy name & numberplates.
I will keep a watchful eye open to see how the Dapol Western in 4mm turns out, I fancy a D1000 in Desert Sand.
Cheers
Mr Tiger Viking

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
however I admire Maroon Full Yellow, It makes the 1000`s look very regal, My personal Favourate is D1020 Western Hero, which by 1970/71 was in the most depolrable state, now that would be an intresting weathering project.
Mr Tiger Viking
:cool: I'm planning a MFYE Western too (7mm) not decided which one though :)