Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
We still have a large list of work to be carried out on Love Lane but here is a small update regarding the road/rail bridge.

Jack arches.

View attachment 219764

Top side.

View attachment 219763

Col.
As a civil engineer it's nice to see a bridge modelled correctly. So many models have the girders not sat on the abutments and the deck effectively supported by sky hooks.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
This weeks update from Love Lane sees the Granary receiving a base coat of paint for the yellow stock brick and the engineers blue bricks used for the top of the plinth and arched lintels. More detailed work still to be done.

IMG_0948.JPG

IMG_0949.JPG

The road bridge at the southern end has profile sections for the roadway camber and gradient.

IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0952.JPG

Meanwhile Dave @S-Club-7 has nearly finished the point and crossing work on the yard down exit.

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

Col.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
A slightly sombre meeting for us this week.
Bob Godden one of the regular Love Lane crew passed away after a short illness. He had, I believe worked in P4 then to 7mm F/S moving on to S7. He had built several loco's and coaches, worked on track laying, parts of the goods shed and was a keen operator who particularly liked shunting.
He will be missed. R.I.P Bob.

Some worked carried out this week were the profiles for the road over the rail bridge at the town end of the layout.

IMG_0962.JPG

Goods shed office gaining windows and doors.
IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

Granary brickwork being detailed and being toned down with weathering.

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

Col.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
So sorry to hear the news. John had mentioned complications a short while back at Crosscombe meetings. Thoughts go to family and the group who he worked alongside so often.

JB.

Peter Insole

Western Thunderer
I can never find the right words at such sad times as this, so can only echo what others might more eloquently say.

Goodbye Bob.

Pete.

Paul Cram

Western Thunderer
I knew Bob when he was a member of the East London Area Group of the Scalefor society. We lost touch when moved to Chelmsford. I recently met up with him at the Albury meeting where he offered his P4 locos for use on Lavenham. He subsequently visited with the locos and kindly donated them. He was an innovative modeller and a very nice chap. I was shocked to learn of his passing. RIP Bob.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
At todays meet at Love Lane.

@Boyblunder and @S-Club-7 making a superb job on the electronics and point work mechanisms.

IMG_1017.JPG

@Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen and @Oz7mm have been testing brickwork and mortar colours on scrap laser cut brickwork.

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

And him himself @Eastsidepilot built up the basic ground work around the Granary to achieve a slightly higher ground to the goods yard.
I used 5mm foamboard for this into which the Granary is planted.

IMG_1009.JPG

The black dots in the shot below denote the line of a fence which separates the Goods yard from the Granary yard, the siding of which will be gated.

IMG_1010.JPG

The storage roads are getting full with stock.
IMG_1014.JPG

Col.

Last edited: