Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Yes and I've got to coil the ropes and roll the sheets up. :D
Yes, and if you don't do it before you nip down the cafe for breakfast there's always a chance you'll forget....

I was quite taken with the lightness (weightwise not lumenwise) of the Love Lane lighting rig uprights - it's given me an idea :)
But, for some reason I never looked at the lighting bar - is it just a length of round or square tube with LED tape stuck to it?

James Spooner

Western Thunderer
That takes me back to my early childhood! My parents lived in Shenfield within sight of the ex GE main line and I have memories of Brits thundering through, just like that!

Nigel

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Last Wednesdays meet saw the crew working on the bridge seen in the previous update.

Salvaged from the original layout formation were some brick walls which are too good to not use so these are to be fitted along the back of the bay road.

IMG_0897 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0898 - Copy.JPG

Dave @S-Club-7 continues his work on track work, here we see the beginnings of the single slip on the mainline goods yard exit which crosses the up line to access the down but also forms a cross over between these two roads.

IMG_0895.JPG

There have also been some alterations to the loco yard area, we felt that the ground behind the shops that met the cottage gardens should fall a bit lower than originally built so the gardens now sit about an 1" lower than before and the ground that falls toward the loco yard will now be held back by a lower retaining wall, behind the water tower, which opens up the scene a little when viewed from the front.

IMG_0899.JPG

Col.