Liver & Fry's workbench

Liver & Fry

Western Thunderer
Hello
On my WB thread is a stop/start account of building a Diagram3D GNR brake in 4mm. I have to say that it’s been an interesting introduction to the world of lasercut kits. But based on my experience, I would heartily recommend them to you. In particular, they have benefitted from the excellent support of the designer; Tad had helped me no end in converting the kit from 00 to P4 (which it really wasn’t designed for). I haven’t threaded my posts yet, but you’ll see my required modifications to the printed solebars, which resulted in Tad printing several sets of new ones.
View attachment 222353
Tad sees the kit as an aid to building. So it’s light on the details; the kit comes without handrails or lamp brackets; I’ve made the former and used Extreme Etchings for the latter.

Drop him a line; like I say - he’s very helpful.

Cheers

Jan

I'll go give it a look, thank you!

I like the idea of the Diagram3D concept and I'm definitely going to try one of their GNR outside framed vans. I just wasn't sure how the card coach sides would turn out compared to Isinglass' 3D print. Good to know there's support available too!

- James