4mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
A piece of glazing was stuck onto the backwall. The fit of the interior walls allows for this...

WEB Weightbridge 21A.jpg

The interior walls fit like a jigsaw but I miss-matched the fireplace...
WEB Weighbridge 21B.jpg
A sneaky view through the doorway... Further daylight photos are impossible. No sun in garden and the light is all wrong inside my room....
WEB Weighbridge 21C.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
It's a cycle shed based on the one at Tetbury. However, it was just the type of building I was looking for to form a gents & ladies toilet block....

WEB Toilets 1.jpg

The four outer walls were assembled first. I glued the end walls inside the side wall....Big mistake! Things got a bit messy while sorting out my mistake...
WEB Toilets 3.jpg

I prefer to glue 20 thou glazing across thee window apertures and so rectangles were cut out of the inner walls to clear future glazing...
WEB Toilets 4.jpg

Interior walls glued in place with Evostick Impact...
WEB Toilets 5.jpg

Usual roof trussing glued in place with UHU Wood glue...
WEB Toilets 6.jpg

State of assemble so far tonight....
WEB Toilets 7.jpg

Window sills are 80 thou plastikard shamfered on top...
WEB Toilet 8.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
A bit more done today but not much. Guttering was again formed by gluing 30 though Plastikard to Plastruct channel and rounding off the leading edge...
WEB Toilets 9A.jpg

Drainpipes were formed from Plastruct 90859 2mm rod attached with glue and a split pin...
WEB Toilet 9B.jpg

Gents and ladies each have two toilet cubicles but the partition between the two is offset in favour of the ladies who have a sink and mirror plus waste bin. The men only have a small corner sink and an endless towel...
WEB Toilets 9C.jpg

Gismorail

Western Thunderer
The toilet facilities back then might well have been basic and functional but I bet they were of a much higher hygiene standard then today with a strong smell of disinfectant

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Some people can't be left alone for two minutes....:p

The prospect of adding slates to a four sided roof and all the lead flashing was enough to stir me into action today. The roof was rebuilt to a simple form probably more appropriate for a simple toilet block building....

WEB Toilet  10A.jpg

Slates will hide any blemishes...
WEB Toilets 10B.jpg

Geoff

Western Thunderer
I think your latest 'kit bashing' exercise has produced a more convincing, WC for a backwater like Llanfair Road. Once those slates go on and you have done your usual painting and weathering job it will blend in with your other buildings nicely.

Geoff

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I think your latest 'kit bashing' exercise has produced a more convincing, WC for a backwater like Llanfair Road.
This 'slow modeling' is giving my ideas time to develop. I decided the Ladies toilet can stay where it is at the back of the tea room and the toilet block will be just for gentlemen with two cubicles and a urinol. Taking up less space, it can be set back a bit from the main building...
WEB Toilets 11A.jpg
WEB Toilets 11B.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Ready for the sprayshop as are all the other components parts that go on later. Chimney pegs into holes and can be painted separately...
WEB Coal hut 9B.jpg
Removable nameboard needs painting and a frame fitting. William Wroe was my wife's father, a lovely man..
WEB Coal hut 9A.jpg

Last edited:

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Yet another lovely building Larry, naming the coal merchant after you father-in-law is a nice touch.

I'm looking forward to seeing all your buildings in situ on Llanfair Road, perhaps the current mild weather will tempt you out to your shed for a planning exercise?

All the best for Christmas and the New Year,
Geoff

LarryG

Western Thunderer
All the best for Christmas and The New Year Geoff. All the buildings know where they're going because it was well-rehearsed in '00'. Mild weather or not, I do nothing in the shed from November to March. I tend to run a regimented regime that ensures I eat well and layouts are built and ripped up at the appropriate times.....:p:p:p

Larry

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Busy with "Christmas", but I finished the roof-mounted nameboard if nothing else....

WEB Coal hut 10B.jpg

The nameboard was sprayed with car paint and left to harden before brushing on PPC White enamel and wiping off the surplus. The surround was glued on afterwards with Evostick Impact the picked out with with PPC GWR Light Stone...
WEB Coal hut 10.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I found time to weather the whole building this afternoon. White mortar was tested on a small section, but it bleached the bricks .... as usual. I never learn! So it was quickly followed by using Precision 'Dirty Black' diluted to taste with turps substitute. I can't go any further tonight until it has been matt varnished
WEB Coal hut 11.jpg