4mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Extra bricks picked out wit PPC Light Brick red and GWR Dark Stone, although they dont show up clearly on the photos.....

WEB Coal Hut 12B.jpg
Door handle required. Must remember to order some from Intentio...
WEB Coal Hut 12 E.jpg

Now it is finished, I realise it is the ideal building (minus chimney & roof board) for use as a fully enclosed Gents toilet same as at Carrog. So that's another job for the New Year.
WEB Coal Hut 12D.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Intentio coal bunker now, the perfect xmas filler when spare time is scarce haha. One plank gone missing at this end.....

WEB Coal bunker 2.jpg

Bags of distressing called for with shovel marks made by constant stabbing with a screwdriver. Note the base of one vertical support post is rotten at the base. The horizontal score was made by one of the coal lorries (!).....
WEB Coal bunker 1.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I inadvertently posted this on Geoffs Bleddfa Road earlier. I'm sober now .... :rolleyes:

The toilet block or hut as it is now seeing as a further 40mm was removed from the length. Windows apertures have been bricked up to support higher frames as per suggestions from Farmer Rowland@Northstar, an in-joke between him and me. Metric size size bricks ha ha....
WEB Toilets 12B.jpg

Last edited:

simond

Western Thunderer
I admit to having been confused…

I do like the “bricked up” effect, I guess you’ll vary the colour of the newer bricks?

on the cubicle topic, my late pal Ken Stansfield moulded toilet pans from Milliput for his Swanage station building. I guess the 3D printer would be the obvious means of so doing if one were so inclined, but I have so far resisted the temptation!

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
on the cubicle topic, my late pal Ken Stansfield moulded toilet pans from Milliput for his Swanage station building. I guess the 3D printer would be the obvious means of so doing if one were so inclined, but I have so far resisted the temptation!
Hasn't our good friend Peter Insole carved these from the solid for his own (and our) delectation already? Can't find the post now but it was a while ago.

Brian

Paul Tomlinson

Western Thunderer
Hasn't our good friend Peter Insole carved these from the solid for his own (and our) delectation already? Can't find the post now but it was a while ago.

Brian
Brian, here's Peter's post. A wonderful piece of work altogether.

Andy Duncan offers us (7mm modellers) a short cut with his whitemetal castings :

224A7093-04A0-4F60-8606-CBCEF43D9206.jpeg

Last edited:

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Neat as the castings are, would they be seen behind frosted glass.....? I built the two lav doors because they would be seen through the open entrance door. I'm painting the building at the moment, but because its all about space and appearance, there are several ideas on my mind as regards a 'Gents'.

King Crab

Western Thunderer
I really hesitate to be picky about these fantastic models,
but how do you ventilate the Gents toilets?
The windows look like they are all fixed.
Maybe you could replace a pane with louvres....
Wouldn't do for it to get all stinky.:)

Peter

LarryG

Western Thunderer
You're right Peter. I was struggling with that hut from day one, but it's gone now and the Gentlemen's toilet is in the main station building......:):)

Last edited:

King Crab

Western Thunderer
Problem solved then.
I do like the telephone wires. It's the sort of random extra detail that turns a kit into a proper real building.

Happy New Year!

Peter