7mm Watery Lane

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Oooh err I wish mate. Really, really stressy week. My aunty passed away yesterday, we had to have our oldest dog put to sleep today, I'm busy packing and trying to dismantle furniture at the same time and we move house over the next two days. Whisky would just be the start but as the French would say 'keep your chin up' cos some other w*nker will be along shortly to smack you one as well ;)

Ouch - you have my sympathies. That is certainly stressy...
I hope you have the opportunity to unwind soon ;)

Cheers,

Steph

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Cheers mate, I'm planning on it. In the meantime we seem to be missing some key elements of the Blue Brigade! Namely 'The 1st Battalion the Yorkshire Lancer, the 14th Jordanian Teddies and the Colonels very own 2nd Battalion Dudley Port Morris Dancers'!

Mind you, now I think about it I haven't seen the boys from the 2nd Armoured Workshops (Royal Hydraulic Plumbers) for awhile. I think Phill and Ross must be AWOL!

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Yes mate so excuse the silliness, I'm just marking time lol. Join in but apologies for going off topic slightly, delete if you want to I won't mind :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
why would I want to delete. I think life is taken tooooooo seriously and sometimes it needs a bloody good shot of lunacy to get the world out of your system

marsa69

Western Thunderer
In that case then we also seem to be missing 'The Queens Own Speedlink Distribution' and the '40th Battalion 126th Foot of Yorkshire'

marsa69

Western Thunderer
I was just thinking that, about the thread that is. we need a muster first to identify all the rank and file of the Blue Brigade!

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Afraid 50% of 'The Royal Hydrualic Plumbers' are out on manoeuvres in North Yorkshire at the moment.... With very limited mobile Internet connection back to HQ :)
We have observed a U-Boat at Grosmont shed though & are awaiting further orders ! :)

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Don't just stand there pass it up the chain man! The Colonel gets rather feisty you know especially when in dialogue with the Sultan of Khazi :'( He wants all suspicious sightings reporting immediately :rant:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Errr sorry SIR , 1st Battalion the Yorkshire Lancer NOW PRESENT. Awaiting orders . Nothing and i mean NOTHING to report from the back of the class:))

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Well I have excelled myself in stupidity today. Using Markway points and Tortoise point motors I have managed to screw up the whole layout:shit: . I was busily soldering droppers and links around the layout and decided to test it out, I had a short:rant: , I quickly found what it was by removing the fish plates at the end of the straight track next to a set of points and proceeded with testing and found another short:rant: , I carried on finding shorts all around the layout, then the penny dropped :oops: or should I say thudded:oops::oops: . I had not isolated any of the 'V' ends of any of the points so I busily added nylon fish plates and thought to myself lets use the polarity switching of the motors to work the first inside circiut, idiot then spent 2 hours searching for the problem, only to find my METAL FAG BOX WAS ACROSS 3 RAILS the air was BLUE I don't mind telling you:headbang:

Yehaa Back to work on Tuesday feeling much better