7mm Watery Lane

S

Simon Dunkley

Lovely views: took me back to my childhood, and the sound was very good.

And lastly would you kind gentlemen please note! that the 86 is the most authentic, realistic model on the whole of WT as it is the only pure electric locomotive here, none of your steam locomotives with an electric motor in it, or diesel locomotives with a smoke generator, just as it is a power converter!!!!!!!!!!!:))
The electricity was most likely generated at a power station from water, heated by coal to turn it into steam. Electric locos are essentially steam powered, at one remove...

Edit: this is my 1,000 post!
One day, I may make one which is meaningful...

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I have made my mind up you two are very naughty boys
Yes Sir. :)

Tut, tut, tut tut you don't miss a trick do you. I have only laid the down .... DOWN FAST ... DOWN MAIN ... DOWN LOOP ... DOWN ROAD. .... UP MAIN, ....UP LOOP...... UP and DOWN STOUR VALLEY lines. .....
Simples even you pair can follow that surely
Up, Down, Down Up Down, blimey you're making me feel seasick!! Couldn't you just turn to the Dark Side, where you would then have been running right line anyway, and be done with it...??? :rolleyes: :D

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Been tinkering again, Cynric is cutting me Perspex covers for the Tortoise Point motors to be able to flush mount some of them so i got to looking at what happened to the linkage last year and how I can make it more hardy than it was this is what I came up with crude but it works, more comedy soldering:eek: img001.jpgDSCF1378.JPG
the split yoke to even out the bending effect

DSCF1379.JPG

I found out last year that the force required to operate the points was minimal but the way the force was translated needed beefing up as the motors operated wire in tube to the tie bar and caused the rod after the maximum travel was reached to try and bend at the fulcrum, so this is the solution. it will be under the motor in the 3/4 of an inch allowed to keep the motor off the base boards, then a perspex cover will be sealed over the top to waterproof it. then it only requires the motors to be hidden and with lubrication (grease) the length of the wire in tube can be what ever I want.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Ian, sounds interesting. Im not at the point motor stage yet:rolleyes: but look forward to seeing them working in the flesh.:thumbs:

Rob

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
I got the 4 track section to the shed laid today the 2 outer roads are long SDG's, soldering jumpers next the fettling. The 3 track bit is not complete yet as there is to be a 4th road to be added.DSCF1380.JPGDSCF1381.JPG

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Great progress! I must admit though, I get quite nervous seeing track so close to the edge of the boards, especially when it's a high-speed mainline....:confused: :eek: :oops:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Great work Ian:bowdown::thumbs:. Have you much trackwork still to lay ?

Rob

Not as much as I did, I recon about another 60Yds. The fun is going to start when the points are wired and point motors got working being controlled from the control panel all still to be done:shit:

Great progress! I must admit though, I get quite nervous seeing track so close to the edge of the boards, especially when it's a high-speed mainline....:confused: :eek: :oops:

Jordan the middle roads are the high speed lines the outer ones are Sdgs, in the case of the 3road section at the moment the outer loop still has to be laid. the only place where the track will need to be sorted is where the existing track goes from 2 to 4 after the lifting section and this is going to have another piece of timber attached to it

Ian, what is the minimum radius on those curves?

The curves have been set at a minimum of 6ft

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Wet weather project time

Never done it before but I require a few specials, excuse the Jordan master class in comedy soldering, my excuse is they need to be tough for outside and to take MTH's big beasts.
DSCF1384.JPGDSCF1385.JPGDSCF1382.JPG

The last one being the most interesting to date this is sprung to allow a loco to be released from the SDG's at WL to run round without using a point motor hopefully

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Pretty dam good for your first attempts id say :thumbs: , in the near future i will need to build a couple of 14.2mm turnouts, dont ask why, moving hedge rows and all that.

So are you going with the flow a nice Maroon mk1 in with the rake of Blue Greys ?

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Pretty dam good for your first attempts id say :thumbs: , in the near future i will need to build a couple of 14.2mm turnouts, dont ask why, moving hedge rows and all that.

So are you going with the flow a nice Maroon mk1 in with the rake of Blue Greys ?

Yowm 'avin a laff

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Did they say macaroon they used to sell those on our beloved B+G coaches in the buffet car along with the maroon period sandwiches (probably made then as well)