Hatcham Servicing depot

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi CME,

many thanks for the comments.

Yes, the glue seems to be 'Ressaldar user friendly' - so far, but I'm not that impressed with the adhesion, in as much as there is movement after the initial 'set time', despite using the smallest amount of glue. Perhaps Plastruct is not one of the better materials to use it on. I will try another glue today to check the reaction - both on the material and me :thumbs:

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
some more progress, but slow, slow with this adhesive :headbang: The sheeting rails, purlins and sag rods now in place

Attachments

• IMG_2257.JPG
    IMG_2257.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    246.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2260.JPG
    IMG_2260.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2261.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2256.JPG
    IMG_2256.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 4

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike,  :wave:

I'm following your servicing depot build. & i must say, it's looking good. I will be following your step by step guide & attempting to build one myself in the near future.

Keep showing progress pics  :thumbs:

Steve  :thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Steve,

glad you like it, more photos later in the week - waiting for the cladding panels to arrive.

cheers

Mike

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike, this is a very impressive build :bowdown: I have to say that the Wills roofing sheets look exellent. I have come across a similar way around a problem using 4mm sheet and that is chequer plate for my crane runner. I couldnt find any plastic 7mm chequer plate anywhere but on seeing the little pic of the 4mm size in the squires book i thought i would take a chance. I have since measured it up against a mates salmon kit with brass chequer plate and there is no real difference :thumbs: so 4mm is to be used :thumbs:
As Steve says "keep posting the progress pics" This is a very insperational build :bowdown: :bowdown:

Rob :wave:              PS I hope it will house a WESTERN at some point in its life :)) :)) :thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

thanks for your comments, most encouraging. I've ordered the Wills sheets, together with some plain plasticard and Flemish bond brickwork, so should be able to have the building clad quite soon.

Don't know about a Western, but the 20 looks at home.

Attachments

• DSCF4645.JPG
    DSCF4645.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4644.JPG
    DSCF4644.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF4643.JPG
    DSCF4643.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 4

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I knew it was big, but somehow the size didn't really register with the Gronk in it - but with the Chopper... :eek: :eek: :eek: it almost makes it look like a 4mm loco!! ;D That really IS  a big building!! :drool: :bowdown: :thumbs:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Jordan,

are these better for scale

Attachments

• DSCF4646.JPG
    DSCF4646.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4647.JPG
    DSCF4647.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF4648.JPG
    DSCF4648.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 5

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Showoff!!!  ::) ;D :)) :)) :))

The trick will be to not forget there's a loco hidden in there, and ram it out of the end wall with the next one you send in... :shit: ;)

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Jordan,

valid point, but hopefully I'll remember to look through the windows first and also have the back door up. ;)

cheers

Mike

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
I'm late picking up on this thread, impressive work Mike :thumbs:, Nice to see some steel work modelled, us steam nuts stuck in pre-60's world are so used to a diet of brickwork, excellent.

Col. 

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Col,

glad it meets with the steam era appro. I'm enjoying doing it especially as I'm having to exercise 'the little grey cells' trying to remember all of the details from when I was at work - over eight years ago :eek:

cheers

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric,

that is the intention, using some SMD LEDs as a string of imitation flourescent tubes down each side of the building with individual LEDs on the outside as floodlights and a few floodlight towers in the general yard area.

Attachments

• Hatcham Service yard as at 22.07.11.jpg
    Hatcham Service yard as at 22.07.11.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
the lid is now on and the brickies have had a good couple of days work what with the sun out and all and now waiting for the cladders to come in to get the side sheets on.

Attachments

• IMG_2298.JPG
    IMG_2298.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2299.JPG
    IMG_2299.JPG
    253.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2302-1.JPG
    IMG_2302-1.JPG
    197.9 KB · Views: 5

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Nice work there Mike :thumbs:. I enjoy working with plastikard and sections etc. You can create whatever you want at a fraction of the price for a ready made building that is near to what you want so you end up altering it anyway ::). Right off to do a little more plastic work myself ( breakdown crane) :thumbs: Keep posting those pics Mike :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

makhis

Western Thunderer
Couldn't agree more about the Slaters Plasticard brick work, brick courses run off ( a pig in the trade) the sheets are not square and are just about worn out.

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob, Steve & Mahkis,

glad you are enjoying this - I am, especially as it is a 'first time effort' and I'm pleased with progress - so far. On the brick front, I have had a posting elsewhere, asking what don't I like about the Slaters product and having some American laser-cut alternative pointed out - and the bonding on that is totally wrong and I have replied accordingly.

cheers

Mike

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Keep up the good work Mike, the shed is looking great  :bowdown:

Gues who bought a multi-pack of Slaters brick plasticard at Telford for forthcoming projects at Withercombe  :headbang:.... I wish I had know  :))

Phill  :wave: