Western Region O, OO and N Gauge Modelling

28ten

Guv'nor
It certainly captures the look. there are a couple of niggles, buffers, wipers, front skirt, but I guess they are production compromises.

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Crying out to be weathered, like Phill's green Hymek. ;)

Steve :thumbs:
Hang 5 ive only just got it out the box but you are right, luckily theres loads of images of these little beasties on the web lots of them look like their covered in china clay residue but i think its more akin to the paint wearing off the ali panels ive just weathered my dcc sound equipped class 25 using a mixture of enamels and acrylics but i seem to have a problem with the acrylics on the roof its gone a bit shiny.

westernfan

Western Thunderer
P1010759(1).JPG see what i mean about the roof ,i mixed the same acrylic matt grey that i used on the crane with matt black and some thinners too . im loving the 22 it looks good on a pick up goods i have a rake of macaws loaded with rusty rail and two brake vans ready for a S and D demolition train as i have now modelled a disused section due to bringing back the factory / dairy building.

Thanks Jordan for the thumbs up re the hornby crane i used some of that stuff that pennine mcs avatar promotes .

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Westernfan,

the 25 looks really good, as far as the roof is concerned, why not just dust over with some Carr's powders, or even spray with Dullcote or the like.

cheers

Mike

westernfan

Western Thunderer
been playing about with the air brush , the pannier is sound fitted with a howes decoder , and very good too i especially like the whistles and the f9 track groan :) the southern interloper n class mogul also got a misting with the air brush as did the rake of six lima milk tanks.

P1020150(1).JPGP1020153(1).JPGP1020257(1).JPGP1020269(1).JPG

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Hydraulics, Milk Tanks, Bubble Cars.... all GREEN.... ticking all the right boxes for the Front of The Class....;)

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Except for the fact there green not BLUE , so maybe one row back from the front of the class.:)). But EXCELLENT Pics anyway:thumbs:

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Thanks guys , Hydraulics ? well in my case at the moment its the singular as the 22 that should be at the head of the rake of milk tankers is still to arrive from the makers with a new replacement chassis it was supposed to have been despatched last thursday but after the umpteenth email , its still at Dapols post room . Well its only been 6 months and three different locos so i suppose a few more days wont matter much :mad::oops:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
....Well its only been 6 months and three different locos so i suppose a few more days wont matter much :mad::oops:
That does seem to be extraordinary bad luck... I can understand your reticence about the Dapol O Scale 08, now....

westernfan

Western Thunderer
I really dont want to knock Dapol over this issue as they have made some really good models in n gauge much better that the gf C*** that came out of their Poole factory prior to their demise before bachmann took over. that was one of the reasons i changed up from n to oo over a decade ago must admit i missed my Wenaullt Junction layout . some members might have seen it on the Hattons customers layouts which has recently been deleated from their website

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Posty dropped off the parcel from Dapol as promised , and i finally have a loco that runs without issues ye ha, its been run in just got to refit the esu howes generic decoder :D:D:D

Attachments

• P1020280(1).JPG
    P1020280(1).JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 17

westernfan

Western Thunderer
6624 propels failed d6319 into the shed looks like its somthing wrong with the fuel lift pump or lines as the valance is off (dont fit ) whilst a newly allocated EE type three prepares to head off with a train of coal from the Burning rock mine
I made a start on the weathering a light wash of grime i might pick out the fuel lines above the tank painted the clear glazing on the horns black as it looked like it has side lights :)) P1020313(2).jpg

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Noooooooooo the D6319 is propelling the steamer into another siding as IT had failed and trapped the 22 which is needed for the milk run;):))

Rob

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
No, no, no... both have failed and the shed master is about to pull rank and the type 3 for the milk boyo.

westernfan

Western Thunderer
P1020357(2).jpg It turned out that a disgruntled ex fireman whose new position as second man had been overlooked for promotion. He had bunkered up the b end cab with coal and filled the fuel tanks with water :eek::thumbs:

I have done as much as i want to on the body sides next will be attention to the roof i have in mind to use Model mates dyes, slate grey and soot black for the clag and grime , then a misting from the airbrush of sleeper grime to the lower body and chassis