1/32 The wall...

28ten

Guv'nor
I hava done precious little actual making in the past few weeks so sat down to put this together IMG_4281.JPG

A few bits still need to be added, but otherwise a productive couple of hours work. The jury is out on resin for some of the parts, which I think would have been better etched.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
It's getting there, erm, slowly. I've started on the second bogie, so might even have some sort of update during the weekend!

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Wheres the propane bottle or were forklifts petrol or diesel fuelled in the 60s ?
Internal only ones were/are electric, (no fumes). External only ones back in the 60's most were petrol up to 2 ton lift, after that weight they were diesel, nowadays most are either diesel or propane, petrol ones these days are very few and far between. Up to 2 ton lift most are propane over that they are nearly all diesel.
Alan

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I used to drive a diesel forklift at the last company I forked for and I am sure it had been designed from a recycled mountain goat - we had a very steep yard which was fine for 4 wheeled truck but artics' delivering or collecting had to park at the bottom of the yard on the main road. The fork lift would whizz up the yard in all weathers when carrying pallets - it was fun in the snow going down though and on more than one occaision I slid onto the road before it stopped:eek:

28ten

Guv'nor
Thoughts have turned back to the diorama/layout. Steve mentioned angles and im coming round to something like this
Capture.JPG

The tracks under the blue scrawl will be removed and the small green rectangles represent one 4x2ft board, I think a slightly convex 'front' may work. I wont be trying to incorporate a backscene as it will limit viewing angles and i want to view from all sides, photoshop to the rescue for pictures ;)

28ten

Guv'nor
I quickly lasered some platforms, this shows what you get in 4x2 in 1/32.... not a lot
IMG_4643.JPG

And this shot shows why it will need lots of detail and weeds at the front, not to mention accurate chairs..
IMG_4644.JPG

The station building needs to go back a couple of inches and the plan is to use a full 4ft depth for the boards

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
I quickly lasered some platforms, this shows what you get in 4x2 in 1/32.... not a lot

More than me Sir :))
Dungeness 2_forum.JPG

And this shot shows why it will need lots of detail and weeds at the front, not to mention accurate chairs..
Are you going to have rails from the engine shed, or is it going to be 'post modernisation' ?
The station building needs to go back a couple of inches and the plan is to use a full 4ft depth for the boards
You'll get a good sense of depth out of it that way Guv, its looking good :)
Steve

28ten

Guv'nor
No rails for the engine shed, just rot and weeds :), that is the only bit of track on that board. Just as well operation bores me :))
My biggest issue now is the shape of the boards, I dont want straight edges.