4mm The Strawberry Line in P4

AdeMoore

Western Thunderer
Brilliant Andrew, rekindles so many memories in and around those buildings in the 70s!
shame I can only remember the demolition train!
Its incredible modelling.
Cheers
Ade

ullypug

Western Thunderer
IMG_0331.jpeg
Bit of an update. The next board's been progressing well. Ballasting, point rodding, lots of scenics and terraforming. Still loads to do of course! Couldn't resist placing the roof on for a few photos. I'll need to find a way of fixing it down to remove the slight bow that's appeared. I'm sure there's a solution.
I've now lifted the station building out and will finish that off internally before moving onto the last board.
IMG_0167.jpeg
IMG_0186.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg
IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0331.jpeg
IMG_0328.jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg

AdeMoore

Western Thunderer
What a stunning job you’re doing on Cheddar Andrew. Top drawer all the way.
All so recognisable from my youth living 300 yards away from it in Station Road.

ullypug

Western Thunderer
The workbench is cluttered with all manner of platform details and I’ve painted up the interior station stonework and added some posters. The platform signs have been added and I’ve just the lamps to do. Oh, and a couple of sheds. More anon.55613704-E5D1-42FE-A6DF-3C0271E68905.jpeg
898293B4-5455-4CFE-AEA1-80FED1CCA9BC.jpeg78DA073F-4E93-4F74-A207-CC895574CA19.jpeg563F7FC3-5574-482C-9E5D-91B5F4666F80.jpeg2673AA58-EF6A-4FFC-8C5E-195CFCCA9CCE.jpeg

ullypug

Western Thunderer
After a few trials, steps forward and backward I now have lamps in the station building that I'm actually happy with. and gives the effect I was looking for. £3.50 for 10 LED's from China, with a 3V regulator from Kytes Lights. Going to stop now as I'm dangerously outside my comfort zone. At lease the wires are red and blue. I can just about handle that...
Now it works, I can tart things up and sort the bow in the roof.
IMG_0760.jpeg

ullypug

Western Thunderer
I've finally finished the station board and have swapped it out so that I can start on the last board, the one nearest Wells or board 8 if you want to be specific. It includes Station Road and its bridge. The last things on the station board were the coal bins on the down mileage sidings and fencing. I've still to do the station chimney pots but that will require a visit to the actual station to take some better photos as these will need to be 3D printed. The roof is going to be fixed down to cure the warp that has developed but that can be done on the workbench.
Board 8 was ironically the first one to be constructed, a long time ago and in a galaxy far away. It's going to be fairly simple, mainly scenic with a very big tree, quite a few hedges, at least 4 fields, a council depot and possibly one other building (2 Station Road). At some point I'll also have to work out how I'm going to connect board 8 (and board 1 for that matter) to their respective turntable fiddle yards. But that's for later. This afternoon comprised me trying to interpret all the maps of the area and just how I compressed it when I started all that time back.
The bridge was built a while ago using the usual Green Stuff World embossed ABS and is home to a tricky little point operating mechanism as it sits on top of the bridge with no room underneath for a Tortoise motor. The actual motor is tucked in the corner and will be hidden behind the curved back scene, or a house, or something...
Actual productive work today is a waft of primer for the bridge and the commencement of rail and chair painting ahead of ballasting and point rodding.
IMG_1658.jpegIMG_1660.jpegIMG_1661.jpegIMG_1662.jpegIMG_1663.jpegIMG_1664.jpegIMG_1665.jpegIMG_1666.jpegIMG_1669.jpegIMG_1670.jpegIMG_1682.jpegIMG_1683.jpegIMG_1684.jpegIMG_1694.jpegIMG_1695.jpeg