7mm The Derby Line - Rolling Stock

dibateg

Western Thunderer
I fabricated up the parts for the bunker, the only parts from the kit are the sides!
IMG_1015.JPG

The cab side, with the cut out.
IMG_1016.JPG

The back, except I've got the back tacked on inside out until I find if I need to make the rivetted panel.. with the skinny kit back alongside...
IMG_1017.JPG

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Good stuff. Except I'll bet there's more to come...

Have you checked that the axles holes in the chassis line up? You may wonder why I ask this question.....

Brian

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
all I need to find out is if 69808 had one!

Came across this photo of 69808. Are you going to model the kink in the front valance or have ACE done that for you...? :))

Looking at the bunker there appears to be a seam halfway down, however on enlargement it appears to be a mark on the slide.

Another photo of 69808 here and here - again, looking at the handrail it appears you could build the kit from the box without any modification :) .

(apologies if you already have copies of these).

timbowales

Western Thunderer
Came across this photo of 69808. Are you going to model the kink in the front valance or have ACE done that for you...? :))

Looking at the bunker there appears to be a seam halfway down, however on enlargement it appears to be a mark on the slide.

Another photo of 69808 here and here - again, looking at the handrail it appears you could build the kit from the box without any modification :) .

(apologies if you already have copies of these).
I trust you are going to replicate that wonderfully wonky handrail?

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Against my better judgment an Ace A5 kit arrived in the post. It met expectations... Roughly packed, bent, inaccurate fingerprinted etchings.

And, if you are really lucky, ACE will have bent the valance and footplate in the right place for you too...