Love Lane, B.R. (E) c.1956-59

Tim Humphreys ex Mudhen

Western Thunderer
The East Anglian S7 Group is hosting an open day/get-together on the 22nd April at Albury Village Hall which is close to Bishops Stortford. Easy access from the M11 and A10 via the A 120. Love Lane will feature there together with the embryonic layout being built by the S7 group of the Bury St Edmunds club. There will be some trade support from Peter Hunt of Perfect Miniatures fame, East Side Pilot Colin Dowling, Masterpiece Models, Phil Healy Pierce Brush type 4, with his laser cut buildings, David Rayner, SClub7 with his 3d printed track components and buffer stops, The Little Loco Company and others. More details to follow.
Tim

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Looking forward to the show...

Another good day on the push-pull set today.

One question though, is there ANY reason why the body of the coaches shouldn't be soldered to the frames rather than bolted? It would save a great deal of time. Being bolted to, would make painting easier, but I'm not too fussed about a bit of masking up..

JB.

richard carr

Western Thunderer
JB

Personally I would go to the trouble of making the body removeable when the roof isn't.

How are you going to get at the insides otherise.

Richard

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
I was going to make the roofs removable as per the kit suggestions.

To add to that there are large flanges in the insides of the body that would mean removing the body would take the interior with it.

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Sorry @7mmMick forgot to get back to you.

From what I can see in the instructions there were only ever a couple of these sets built (converted from existing stock) and stayed down south, so unfortunately the kit may not be suitable..

JB.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
Hi JB,

Not a bad plan, though still a bit more to do yet, handrails etc.. Need to make up another jig but not entirely sure how as they're quite a complex shape.

Will be a couple of weeks before it's truly finished I think.

T'other JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
The East Anglian S7 Group is hosting an open day/get-together on the 22nd April at Albury Village Hall which is close to Bishops Stortford. Easy access from the M11 and A10 via the A 120. Love Lane will feature there together with the embryonic layout being built by the S7 group of the Bury St Edmunds club. There will be some trade support from Peter Hunt of Perfect Miniatures fame, East Side Pilot Colin Dowling, Masterpiece Models, Phil Healy Pierce Brush type 4, with his laser cut buildings, David Rayner, SClub7 with his 3d printed track components and buffer stops, The Little Loco Company and others. More details to follow.
Tim

Yes .....and my "better half, Bet" is helping with the catering so anybody not behaving themselves had better beware!:))

Col.:D