1/32 LMS 4-4-0 class 2P

michael mott

Western Thunderer
Have been knocked out by a bug I picked up at a meeting on Wednesday so not much work done on the rework of the motion bits and the slide bars and cylinder and valve glands……yes another step back in order for a better step forward. First the ends of the valve rod which engages with the radius link was refined by making a new pair and cutting the slot and sides with a.020” slitting saw in the lathe and the clevis part in a quick change tool holder. IMG_2040.jpeg
I used the jewelers saw to remove the outside waste. Next I clamped the tool holder in the vise on the mill
IMG_2041.jpeg
Using a jack to support the bottom side and a bit of.020” styrene to fill the slot was able to get an accurate hole without any deflection.
IMG_2042.jpeg
The next task is to rework the cross slide bars support plate
Michael

michael mott

Western Thunderer
After adding the nuts and bolts then painting the cylinders red and the slide bar support I sorted a simple jig to keep everything in place for gluing then was able to slip out the styrene spacers. Test fitting before colouring the slide bars.
IMG_2073.jpeg
Testing the fit between the frame
IMG_2075.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg
Next the bolts for the bars and the weight shaft and hangers, I am happier with the newer cylinders and the alignment.

Michael