Kingswear for Dartmouth

I only occasionally scroll through all the pages on WT so my apologies for not previously having seen your forum thread and your superb layout.

I've now had a read of your web pages and I've spotted one or two things which I hope will add rather than detract! Firstly I think there is a typo in the caption of the distant signal near Britannia Halt. I think it should be the down distant rather than up and was it a fixed distant for the approach to the terminus?

I haven't spotted any reference but I think I recollect that there is an animal graveyard alongside the bay!

Finally, regarding the coal trains, I think that there were fixed rakes of decrepit wagons for this work and you may need to add a 28xx to your fleet as they were regularly used. I presume that you've access to the book on the Branch by Chris Potts as this contains a lot of useful information on the coal trains and how they were worked as well as the rules for propelling of wagons to the Noss sidings.

I hope that I haven't covered old ground and I should sign off for now by adding that I've lived in Torquay and the local area for all of my seventy five years so I'm a bit of an anorak regarding the Branch!

MarkR

Western Thunderer
Just answered my own question! "The Newton Abbot to Kingswear Railway".
And I already have a copy!