Just for a laugh

PhilH

Western Thunderer
What are they? (I’m frightened to look it up.)

steve

Quote: "There’s a special kind of people you only see at Walmart. These weird folks are known as “People of Walmart” or “Walmartians”. They can be easily identified by their questionable wardrobe choices, some Walmartians are known to engage in peculiar activities, such as riding around on motorized carts while eating a bucket of fried chicken and blasting country music from their boombox, others may be found attempting to haggle with the self-checkout machine over the price of a bottle of Coke."

From the "sad and useless" website :eek:

alastairq

Western Thunderer
Then there are the Lidlputians.....

A vastly different breed of supermarket shopper, compared to M&Sessians, or Tescolites...
Lidlputians have learnt from experience,to always grab more of an item than they currently need, because it may not be in stock for the next six visits.

[I do that with their Guatemalan ground coffee....my favourite....on account of the fact that Lidlputians have discovered that their namesake store actually doesn't put out single item trays of stock, but seek to exasperate the average Lidlputian by only putting out multi-tems stock trays.
Lidlputians obviously have large stock cupboards at home...]

Richard Gawler

Western Thunderer
Do not - REPEAT DO NOT - look it up.....:eek:

He means it. I looked it up and I shouldn't.

I mean, we had a customer who used a thing resembling a ST as a face mask during the covid. But this is worse. Quite frightening really :oops:

It doesn't belong on Just for a Laugh but I will never be the person I was to explain why.

PhilMortimer

Quote: "There’s a special kind of people you only see at Walmart. These weird folks are known as “People of Walmart” or “Walmartians”. They can be easily identified by their questionable wardrobe choices, some Walmartians are known to engage in peculiar activities, such as riding around on motorized carts while eating a bucket of fried chicken and blasting country music from their boombox, others may be found attempting to haggle with the self-checkout machine over the price of a bottle of Coke."

From the "sad and useless" website :eek:
Currently living in the States and very occasionally frequenting said emporium (mainly for the novelty value!), I'm afraid to say that at times its all true!

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
My wife ran off with the milkman, watching them drive off into the sunset in his milk float it was the worst two hours of my life ! :D

People used to joke about offspring being the milkman's son/daughter.

My birth certificate actually says 'Dairyman' as my father's profession. He had a milk round at the time, he even had bottles printed with his name on them but sadly, to my knowledge, none of them survived. Milkmen are another dying breed.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
People used to joke about offspring being the milkman's son/daughter.

My birth certificate actually says 'Dairyman' as my father's profession. He had a milk round at the time, he even had bottles printed with his name on them but sadly, to my knowledge, none of them survived. Milkmen are another dying breed.
We have milk delivered in good old fashioned glass bottles, don't like stuff in plastic !, although living out in the sticks, as they say, the milkman has a diesel Ford Transit float, electric just wouldn't be man enough.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Same for us, Col, in deepest, darkest Bucks. We get our deliveries twice a week, though - no longer daily. Our milkman also supplies bread, eggs and garden compost. :) In his "spare" time he fits windows.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
View attachment 221942

These are my Dad's bottles from the mid 50's. Started with jugs on step with top covered, then wide mouth bottles with cardboard top.
All bottled on the farm.
After this he bought ready bottled milk.
Nick
My dad's were pretty much the same albeit it with black text in the same style as the half pint bottle on the left. It's good that yours survived.

I was sure that my mother had retained a half pint bottle but I didn't come across it when we cleared out the house but perhaps one of my brothers/sister has it.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Milk was full-fat in those days!
Apart from awful Sterilised Milk, in a different shaped bottle. My Great-grandmother used to have it; one of my memories of her in the early 70s. I wish I'd been older, to really appreciate meeting a genuine Victorian lady.