7mm Heybridge Basin

Western Thunderer
Rather than have manual clickers and flickers why not have a train occupancy detector at the end of the fiddle yard and when you run over it a the end of a move it advances the screen?

Or alternatively have a foot switch which leaves both hand free and avoids the potential need to play 'hunt the clicker'.

Or even mount the clicker/switch at the end of the fiddleyard and use the train/loco buffer to activate it at the end of a move.
Just thought I'd offer my experience here at exhibitions, now I've got fifteen or so under my belt. My layout is the cameo cabinet type so the clicker sits on the top next to me. For me personally a foot switch would be trip hazard, I would come a cropper eventually. On the detection side, could work, but requires more wiring and a switch which becomes another potential fault to find, at least a wireless clicker can rule that part out. Also with some dodgy shunting in the fiddle yard, you could easily find the switch is tripped twice, then without a manual override you've missed a sequence. However, I do also have a wireless mouse at exhibition which sits on top of the cabinet too, this could be on hand to wind back the sequence if the sequence was moved forward too many times.

I've found the clicker to be the most simple and effective solution to be honest. It's not failed me yet, just need to remember to take spare batteries, which sit in my exhibition toolbox.

Tony