Hartley Hill The Other Side Of The Fence

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... one of the window frames being laminated or put together
Now that is a useful way of holding the frame parts whilst the glue dries - I shall file that method under "useful" and remember to find some of those clips from the household stationary supplies.

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Rob, have a look through some early MRJ's, Mike wrote some fantastic articles on scratch building wagons and his work is absolute top draw.

ATB Mick

Thanks for the pointers Mick, by coincidence I have been following the scratch builds by Peter Cross over on RMWeb and have been fancying having a go at something up at the cottage once the cattle wagons are complete.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I've just got the footplate crew from heroes of the footplate they are beautifully painted ...
Very true, I think that the Fireman shows some very worn and well washed trousers. Not sure about the driver... I thought that LNWR drivers of the late 19th century wore white fustian or maybe I am looking through rose-timted memories.

Just a thought in passing, what was the predominate material for overalls of the working classes in the late Victorian to early Edwardian period?

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
image.jpg the first coat on the brick work next I'll add the mortar course then putting some other colours on the brick work although the top of the box has to be primed first :D
John

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
There is a lovely photo in the LNWR liveries book of Hademore signal box which has a cat walk but I'm going to take the model to Graham's to see if there is enough room for this as the space between the tracks is quite tight
John ;)

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
image.jpg crew special tank stands at the box at hackers yard waiting to take its train to the sidings at Hartley Hill .its been a hard day on the shovel and the fireman is probably thinking about his supper and possibly a pint at the Black Watch and a puff on his pipe on the way home this is the last trip of the day so his wait won't be long