Hairy Bikers and Other Petrol Heads

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thanks for that. Col.

It's a first class graphical demonstration of how physically exhausting and exhilarating competition driving can be. And the uninitiated say it must be so easy. My personal experience is limited to racing go karts many years ago but the buzz was phenomenal.

Brian

Here's my mate's 'Lakester' class Bonneville speed week contender - 600cc, turbo Yamaha (ish) Thundercat based engine, and, er, 315 bhp. yes....315. They don't have to run for long. Ice intercooler, Haltech IIRC fuel injection computer, very clever stuff. He's a quiet unassuming guy, completely bonkers.

Attachments

• painted_car_2[1].jpg
    painted_car_2[1].jpg
    291 KB · Views: 28

simond

Western Thunderer
Not quite in same class but met a guy at the Betteshanger Sprint weekend with an utterly bonkers 2S Yam drag bike. Can’t remember what it put out, but, rather more than originally specified…

Mmmm.

I have a bit of an interest in one of these..

View attachment 179042

Rather like the cut of it's jib.

Rob.

Sorry Rob, I missed that post! Yes, rather pretty version of the J3 platform, really looks the part. The Hunter is different again, and actually cheaper! There's quite a few Meteors and Classics on the road here already, they cause a lot of conversations not least in the VMCC. That black and red one is my fave colour combination on the Classic too. They are decidedly not fast, but are very torquey for what they are (still long-stroke) but smooth, and very well built.

Max M

Western Thunderer
I was in the Mazda dealership this morning and I noticed the Kia Picanto Sport (all 66 bhp of it) has this feature as well!
As does the A Class Merc.
Is there a Type Approval regulation that says exhausts can't exit to the rear of the car/ have to exit downwards?

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
Just seems an odd and pointless thing to do :confused: my old Merc E class had turned down tail pipes behind the rear valence but there was no false tail pipe.
They'll be putting DCC sound chips and speakers in electric cars next :rolleyes:

simond

Western Thunderer
There was a Tata indigo that lived at the shops across from where we lived in India. Reversing warning sounds were a popular add-on at that time. His was rather ambitious, it played Pink Floyd’s “Set the controls for the heart of the sun”. I was tempted to copy..

electric car/bike with sounds of Merlin engine, or square blocks of Churchward exhaust, or Star Wars speeder, anyone?

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Just seems an odd and pointless thing to do :confused: my old Merc E class had turned down tail pipes behind the rear valence but there was no false tail pipe.
They'll be putting DCC sound chips and speakers in electric cars next :rolleyes:
The Porsche 911 (or maybe 924) has two settings - either noisy or quiet and I can't now remember what they're called, but I'll bet there's someone on this site who has one....

(My Jag XK has two exhaust pipes - both used and required some of the time at least.).

Brian