Giles' misc. Work bench.

alastairq

Western Thunderer
you need a few rabbits there- maybe animated ones?

Rabbits perhaps disappearing down a hole, then reappearing a few minutes later?

Mind, knowing Giles' skills, he'll probably also make them sit there,but have their whiskers twitching randomly!

Paul_H

An interesting technique. Did you consider making a roller system to make this easier ? There seem to be a lot of roller embosser designs on the STL download sites.

Giles

Western Thunderer
I did, but I'm not sure they give quite the right profile (maybe some do - but it's hard to tell - at least I know what I've got, if you see what I mean!)

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Thanks for posting Giles. :thumbs:

Very timely, as I’ve been working on a GWR corrugated hut in Fusion 360….
IMG_0140.jpeg
Whilst the sides and ends will be printed*, I want to make the roof, by overlaying pressed sheets of foil (made in a male/female former, much like yours), to provide suitably thin edges.

*There will be a roof included in the sides/ends print and it’ll be corrugated too, adding support to the foil - the foil itself, is needed to give the prototypical overhang.

I haven’t printed any of it yet, but it’s good to know the technique is sound and I won’t potentially be wasting any time or resin!. :)

Regards

Dan

simond

Western Thunderer
Beer cans….

I made some rollers a wee while back for a fellow Thunderer, but we didn’t yet get it to a reliable process. Not rolling does have much to commend it.

Giles

Western Thunderer
Working it flat is proving consistent at any rate... I have all the sheets for the roof. Ideally it would be best to deb them down onto a something like a tile grout maybe, bedding the sheet down with the forming tool, so the sheet is nicely supported on the job.... but we will see.....

Allen M

Western Thunderer
Hello Giles
Your method is nearly the same as when I was in the steel works in the 1950s. You mentioned pressing in one go. That was how it was done back then.
You mention 6ft x 2ft 6in. They were used with a 3in corrugation pitch and 2 over lap side by side and a 6in overlap across the ends. This means that looking at a sheeted area each the visible part of each sheet was 5ft 6in X 2ft.
I am certain the width & pitch was standard but different lengths may have been available from other sites.

Thanks for the interesting film and bring back memories.

Regards
Allen