7mm Dikitriki's Dark side: A WD 2-8-0

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

I've completed the Joy's inside valve gear for my Aspinall A, and it's all running very smoothly. It looks very odd in motion, but that adds to the attraction.

If I knew how to do a video, I'd put one on, but I'm struggling on that score at the mo :(

Attachments

• \'s construction7 009.jpg
    \'s construction7 009.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 183
  • \'s construction7 017.jpg
    \'s construction7 017.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 184
  • \'s construction8 002.jpg
    \'s construction8 002.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 184

28ten

Guv'nor
Im really rather impressed with that :thumbs: I cant see any joins - something I have found very difficult with the Griffin valve gear

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Mmmm, now... when I compare those pics to what my Class 14 chassis looks like.... do I just give up now, or later...?!?! :shock: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

28ten

Guv'nor
Jordan said:
Mmmm, now... when I compare those pics to what my Class 14 chassis looks like.... do I just give up now, or later...?!?! :shock: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
No you dont give up, you just need to build more :D practice makes perfect........

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

I've managed to upload an indifferent video of the valve gear here

This is without any running in - the motor was only installed 5 minutes earlier - so I'm well pleased :)

Richard

28ten

Guv'nor
Dikitriki said:
Hi

I've managed to upload an indifferent video of the valve gear here

This is without any running in - the motor was only installed 5 minutes earlier - so I'm well pleased :)

Richard
:thumbs: lovely job. It looks a weird motion after stephensons valve gear.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Buckjumper said:
Fabulous!

"NotS7Dikitriki".... :laugh:

Thought you'd like that.

I discovered some other sad git had taken my name. I mean, for God's sake, who in their right mind would call themselves Dikitriki. :headbang:

Richard

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Dikitriki said:
I discovered some other sad git had taken my name. I mean, for God's sake, who in their right mind would call themselves Dikitriki. :headbang:
Me too :rolleyes: , I had to become 832onslaught instead of onslaught832 :?

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
Me too :rolleyes: , I had to become 832onslaught instead of onslaught832 :?
You know I'd never even noticed that... :oops:

Fantastic stuff there, Richard; looks even more incredible in motion!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

Another of my legendary poor videos. I'm just playing with my camera really. This is of Heyside, the crab on test. I shall invest in a decent video camera shortly.

:wave:

Richard

28ten

Guv'nor
I like that,especially the carmine and cream coach in the rake :thumbs: too many models are spoiled by uniform rakes of coaches

Simon

Flying Squad
Dikitriki said:
Hi

Another of my legendary poor videos. I'm just playing with my camera really. This is of Heyside, the crab on test. I shall invest in a decent video camera shortly.

:wave:

Richard

That's really lovely, the train has a very believable and smooth motion to it too.

Simon

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Excellent stuff Richard :bowdown: & I agree with Cynric it's nice to see the odd coach in the earlier livery (so typical of the time but seldom modelled) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cheers Phill :wave:

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

Thanks for the kind comments. I must admit I am paranoid about trackwork and running.The running of all locos on Heyside, whoever they belong to has to be perfect, and a pet hate of mine is lurches/dips over baseboard joins so a lot of time is spent aligning track over the joins. I'm still working on the trackwork while everyone else sighs and pats me on the head. Incidentally, I find this a real problem with Dainton Bank which I am afraid I really don't like as a layout. Heresy, I know, on a WR site (expecting the Boss to send the heavy mob round :D ).

One more video before I crawl into my corner. I like this one because it seems to me like standing on a platform watching a relatively long train pass - the loco goes by quickly, and all you're left watching is the coaches.

Cheers

Richard

28ten

Guv'nor
I do agree about dips and bumps, smooth running is essential for any sense of realism. I know what you mean about Dainton bank, but then if I am a large proportion of 7mm layouts dont do much for me :scratch: Bucks Hill left me cold, but I suspect this may be because I know the location so well and it doesnt quite capture it for me.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I do agree about dips and bumps, smooth running is essential for any sense of realism.
Not for the Dark Side, it ain't... :twisted: :lol: :lol: (as you've seen ;) )

I have a picture saved from one of the magazines taken in Feb 1967. It shows a 2-6-4T #42138 leaving Shipley for Bradford, and the 6-coach train is in these liveries as follows;
Blue/Grey; Maroon; SR Green; SR Green; Blue/Grey; Maroon.

You couldn't make it up, and I bet if you ran a train like that at an Exhibition there'd be plenty of those self-appointed "Experts" telling you how wrong you were... :rolleyes:

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Jordan said:
[quote=""28ten"":1bscdo6a]I do agree about dips and bumps, smooth running is essential for any sense of realism.

I have a picture saved from one of the magazines taken in Feb 1967. It shows a 2-6-4T #42138 leaving Shipley for Bradford, and the 6-coach train is in these liveries as follows;
Blue/Grey; Maroon; SR Green; SR Green; Blue/Grey; Maroon.

You couldn't make it up, and I bet if you ran a train like that at an Exhibition there'd be plenty of those self-appointed "Experts" telling you how wrong you were... :rolleyes:[/quote:1bscdo6a]

Ooooh, I'm starting to get ideas :twisted: . That loco's a Fairburn, at the moment on my workbench in another place. I can do the Maroon and Green stock, so I only need 2 blue and grey coaches........ :lol:

Richard

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hi

Just a bit of eye candy. Clive brought over his latest loco, a detailed and weathered San Cheng 8F. I put it on my minerals train and it's shown here crawling into the yard....

Attachments

• 8F 008.jpg
    8F 008.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 8F 012.jpg
    8F 012.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 8F.jpg
    8F.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 98