Bulleid Q1 - 33030

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
thanks Phill, a joy to build, pity there are not more kits of a similar standard on the market.

regards

Mike

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Outstanding Mike!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :drool: :drool:

I think my MOK 8F may be the next of the starting blocks (my excuse is the box is getting in the way and I have managed to put all the others away in drawers out of sight) If I ever get the bloomin A3 finished that is :-[

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

many thanks. Get stuck into that 8F - especially if it's an ex LNER - Southern Railway built example, you know it makes sense.

regards

Mike

28ten

Guv'nor
Dikitriki said:
That's really nice Mike. :thumbs:

Every time I see one I feel myself weakening, and my self-discipline is rubbish at the best of times!

Regards

Richard
You and me both. I have come to the conclusion that I just a sucker for building high quality kits, no matter what the prototype

T

Tinsnips

Terrific Mike. I'm in a similar position with an 8F this morning. Just re assembled the chassis and then I've got bits and pieces on the engine to sort out. Also ready is a 9F but the chassis is painted on that one . It only needs cab fittings , transfers etc. Fred has been sorting me out some suitable numbers for Western Region 9F, shedded at Ebbw Junction with a double chimney and a cycling lion on the tender!
All the best
rgds
Graham Powell

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Mike.
          Looks lovely matey, you have made a super job of this kit. Looking forward to seeing it weathered now Mike well done !!!!!.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike,

I've only just caught up with progress, what a fantastic job you've made of it. The weathering will be the icing on the cake and can I thank you for a thoroughly inspring build, in any case it looks like MOK are going LNER soon so i'll get to try one of these lovely kits myself  :headbang: :headbang:

ATB Mick

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Graham, Mick & Fred,

sorry not to have responded before, but just returned from a few days in Hampshire visiting a very sick 92 year old mother-in-law, who hopefully is on the mend - but very slowly.

Your kind comments are the icing on the cake as all I have done is followed the very good instructions for a very well thought out and engineered kit - again, well done Dave Sharp.

Weathering will start on Monday, so watch this space.

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
So here we go then - the finished article, save a couple more coats of Klear on the tender top for the water overspill.

Attachments

• IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1914.JPG
    IMG_1914.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1932.JPG
    IMG_1932.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 44

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

many thanks, I'm sure you will. Just had a reply back from the friend that I'm making it for and he's bowled over, so I'm quite relieved.

regards

Mike

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
I can appreciate your relief Mike, it doesn't matter how much other people like it if it isn't what the "owner" intended. :shit:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Phill,

many thanks for your kind comment, don't think that they ventured as far as the 'withered arm' but they would be well at home with the colour scheme.

regards

Mike

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
... so much effort ... to produce something that is so beautifully ugly....
Sums up those locos a treat!! :))
I particularly like the spare lamp, hung inside the tender; I don't think I've ever seen that before. These crew figures look good, too. What make are they?

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Jordan,

glad it meets with the approval of the back of the class - often the most difficult to please. The crew are standard Tower Models pre-painted - but I forgot to tone them down with the frame dirt - my usual trick, so I dry brushed them with some thinned down 'oily steel'. I wanted to include the tail lamp somewhere other than on a bracket, so it seemed a suitable location.

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Fred,

many thanks for your very kind comments. I'll get the CD with the photos in the post later this week.

regards

Mike

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
Hi Jordan,

glad it meets with the approval of the back of the class - often the most difficult to please...

:eek: :eek: :eek: OI !!  :vista:

.... I'm not that bad..!!! ..am I..?!? :-[ :)) :))