Brushs Laser Cutting and 3d Printing workbench

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
A friend of mine is building an exhibition layout that will be at Miog show in Crewe next month.

He dropped of the baseboards with me just for the day so I could make a start on the yard area.

So a few hours measuring, CAD and then lasering has made some progress

It’s all loose laid ready for painting and final figment in place.

IMG_4478.jpegIMG_4477.jpegIMG_4475.jpegIMG_4474.jpegIMG_4473.jpegIMG_4471.jpegIMG_4470.jpegIMG_4469.jpeg

The boards were collected this afternoon but I’m left with the end of the shed to make into something more realistic.

IMG_4472.jpeg

Last edited:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
This is the little Platelayers hut at Didcot by the transship shed. Not sure it originated at Didcot or not but as we are doing all the buildings then why not. We also had a customer who wanted one :)

We’ve made this into a kit that’s been available for a while but I was prompted to do the instructions and that gave us the opportunity to build and paint one.

IMG_4515.jpegIMG_4513.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpegIMG_4514.jpeg

Also has a little 4mm brother.

IMG_4516.jpeg

Last edited:

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Am I missing something? In most brick structures the mortar lines would be a lighter colour than the bricks, rather than darker. Maybe this building had a dark colourant added to the mortar?

Here's a typical brick building showing lighter mortar:

View attachment 211778

p.s. he didn't jump. :)

Martin.
For years the mortar was smoke and weather stained and so black. Currently the building is pristine after being sandblasted and restored in recent years. Will try mortar but suspect we won’t but will weather the build.