Book Books

D1054

Western Thunderer
Heyday of the Hydraulics, Hugh Dady

Will do! Wonder if there'll be any copies available at Halifax?

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

28ten said:
[quote=""lancer1027"":46ip6062]Well guy's, just got in from work to find the posty had delivered my copy of the new westerns book from Strathwood publishing," Looking back at WESTERNS ".
It is FANTASTIC :drool: :drool: . Some very rare pics, lots of various liveried pics.
Well worth ?19.95 :thumbs: It covers every loco, unfortunately for you Cynric ,Thunderer is in maroon :rolleyes:
GET A COPY GUY'S you wont regret it :drool: :drool:
Rob :wave:
I ordered a copy from the DTG this week and also put in pre order for the Adrian Curtis book :D[/quote:46ip6062]
Hi Cynric, you wont be disappointed :thumbs: . I too have pre-ordered Westerns (Adrian Curtis) Hope this will be as good as he claims it's going to be :drool: :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

lancer1027 said:
[quote=""28ten"":2wn41qvz][quote=""lancer1027"":2wn41qvz]Well guy's, just got in from work to find the posty had delivered my copy of the new westerns book from Strathwood publishing," Looking back at WESTERNS ".
It is FANTASTIC :drool: :drool: . Some very rare pics, lots of various liveried pics.
Well worth ?19.95 :thumbs: It covers every loco, unfortunately for you Cynric ,Thunderer is in maroon :rolleyes:
GET A COPY GUY'S you wont regret it :drool: :drool:
I ordered a copy from the DTG this week and also put in pre order for the Adrian Curtis book :D[/quote:2wn41qvz]
Hi Cynric, you wont be disappointed :thumbs: . I too have pre-ordered Westerns (Adrian Curtis) Hope this will be as good as he claims it's going to be :drool: :thumbs:[/quote:2wn41qvz]
The picture on the cover sold it to me BSYP :drool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

D1054 said:
Will do! Wonder if there'll be any copies available at Halifax?
You won't be disappointed, it is well up to Hugh Dady's & Ian allan's usual high standards :cool: :cool: :cool:

Phill :wave:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Hi Phill, does it cover 14,22 hymeks as well as warship and western. Is there many pics of westerns close up ?

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

lancer1027 said:
Hi Phill, does it cover 14,22 hymeks as well as warship and western. Is there many pics of westerns close up ?
It covers all Hydraulic class's very well Rob & there are some good Western close ups :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Thanks Phill. I might try and get a copy at the WSR gala :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

There is a copy of "Looking back at Westerns" on e-bay if anyone is interested at ?19.95 :thumbs:

28ten

Guv'nor

I got a copy today :thumbs: well worth adding to the library. Favourite shot is P43 - Hymek at Ilfracombe station :drool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

28ten said:
I got a copy today :thumbs: well worth adding to the library. Favourite shot is P43 - Hymek at Ilfracombe station :drool:
Yes I've been drooling over that one & it's D7036 (my BSYP Hymek too :D ), the class 22 on page 34 reminds me of Simon's garden line :cool:. It's nice to get a book these days where virtually every photo is top quality :thumbs: .

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Western/Warship books

I got my copy at the WSR from the DTG stand :thumbs: , one or two poor prints IMO , but well worth buying :cool: :cool: :cool:

28ten

Guv'nor

Phill Dyson said:
BTW 'Heyday of the Hymek's' is to follow :drool:
Ill look forward to that. we seem to be spoiled for books at the moment.

28ten

Guv'nor
Western/Warship books

My copy arrived today. Some familiar material, but a good book nonetheless.
I thought I only wanted a couple more Westerns, but this book proves I need at least half a dozen....

Simon

Flying Squad

Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""28ten"":2guezz4w]I got a copy today :thumbs: well worth adding to the library. Favourite shot is P43 - Hymek at Ilfracombe station :drool:
Yes I've been drooling over that one & it's D7036 (my BSYP Hymek too :D ), the class 22 on page 34 reminds me of Simon's garden line :cool:. It's nice to get a book these days where virtually every photo is top quality :thumbs: .

Phill :wave:[/quote:2guezz4w]

Gee shucks :oops: :oops:

I think it is a great book too, I sold out at Exeter and will definitely be adding a copy to my own bookshelf. There are lots of stonking pictures, including some absolute gems for shortish trains behind Class 22s - including one of the B sets on the Wadebridge to Bodmin Road service - high octane inspiration indeed :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer

Simon said:
There are lots of stonking pictures, including some absolute gems for shortish trains behind Class 22s
Looks like I need to get this book, too.... :scratch: :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

I too need to get a copy of this :thumbs: I tried to get one at the WSR gala but they had sold out :headbang:

Purple-haze

Western Thunderer

Said book is on sale on Amazon for ?12.00.Must get my order in!

regards

Rog

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Purple-haze said:
Said book is on sale on Amazon for ?12.00.Must get my order in!

regards

Rog
Hi Rog
Thanks for the Amazon route :thumbs: not thought of that :thumbs: just placed my order :thumbs: