Ashburton -

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Some more detail and a test render.......
file.php
That looks so good I thought it was the finished model for a moment..!!

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
28ten said:
Probably a combination of laser cut parts with ply and DAS for the walls and plastikard for the windows.

I found an error in the drawings I had (the building was 6" too wide :headbang: - which proves the point of drawing up a model

:headbang: :headbang: indeed. Like you say though, better to find out now than just after cutting the parts.
Out of interest, and if its not too rude to ask, where do you go to get parts cut out? It seems like a very accurate method for establishing good quality parts to build with, but I wasn't aware of places that would cut to order. Mind you, having said that, I wasn't aware you could actually laser cut plastikard, and that opens up a whole realm of possibilities....
(sorry, gone a bit OT, apologies :oops: )
Steve

28ten

Guv'nor
Steve Cook said:
[quote=""28ten"":2o686g8r]Probably a combination of laser cut parts with ply and DAS for the walls and plastikard for the windows.

I found an error in the drawings I had (the building was 6" too wide :headbang: - which proves the point of drawing up a model

:headbang: :headbang: indeed. Like you say though, better to find out now than just after cutting the parts.
Out of interest, and if its not too rude to ask, where do you go to get parts cut out? It seems like a very accurate method for establishing good quality parts to build with, but I wasn't aware of places that would cut to order. Mind you, having said that, I wasn't aware you could actually laser cut plastikard, and that opens up a whole realm of possibilities....
(sorry, gone a bit OT, apologies :oops: )
Steve[/quote:2o686g8r]
http://www.yorkmodelmaking.com/modelrailway.html think of the possibilities :scratch: :D just think I click a few buttons and this shed is scaled up to 1/32 into the laser and voila :laugh:

Steve Cook

Flying Squad
28ten said:
http://www.yorkmodelmaking.com/modelrailway.html think of the possibilities :scratch: :D just think I click a few buttons and this shed is scaled up to 1/32 into the laser and voila :laugh:
Wow :eek: They can do some serious stuff :bowdown: :bowdown: Thanks for putting that link up, fair to say I'm impressed !
The possibilities are vast indeed :scratch: The advantage of being able to scale up with a few clicks is excellent, although I guess one needs to bear that consideration in mind when actually doing the design. Have we got any common desires rolling stock wise... :lol:
Steve

28ten

Guv'nor
This evenings efforts focused on the goods shed - again it has thrown up a few questions that I need to think about.I also need to think about the road levels etc

Attachments

• goods shed.jpg
    goods shed.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 45
  • goods shed.jpg
    goods shed.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 42

28ten

Guv'nor
One for Dan :laugh:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 30

28ten

Guv'nor
Dan Randall said:
[quote=""28ten"":35iphqnv]One for Dan :laugh:

Thanks Cynric - you have been busy! :lol:

Regards

Dan[/quote:35iphqnv]
Im going square eyed :D
I never realised how un-flat the terrain is - there are a lot of subtle height changes to be taken into account

28ten

Guv'nor
One more :D

Attachments

• 20100509221307_1m20s.jpg
    20100509221307_1m20s.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 20100509221307_1m20s.jpg
    20100509221307_1m20s.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 103

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Buckjumper said:
Looks smashing. All you need to do now is add a bit of sparkle...

Wow! That's absolutely amazing! :thumbs: I would love to be able to make a CGI film, but I'm a bit of a twat when it comes to computer software and struggle to put two things together in Templot. :oops:

Perhaps one day though, I'll manage my remake of the Ladykillers, only mine will be set somewhere around Birmingham Snow Hill, so we can see a steady procession of Castles, Kings, Halls, 28xx's, Westerns etc, etc..... :drool:

Regards

Dan

28ten

Guv'nor
Buckjumper said:
thats a nice piece of animation :thumbs: Im starting to get a bit obsessed by this computer model :laugh: you never know it might save me having to build a layout!!!
I have to admit the renders are really helping to fire my enthusiasm for the project.
Something else I need to think about is the season for the model as there are quite a few trees to be made.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
28ten said:
[quote=""Buckjumper"":3eurjxb3]Looks smashing. All you need to do now is add a bit of sparkle...
thats a nice piece of animation :thumbs: [/quote:3eurjxb3]
It is indeed... although I thought the people were walking a bit fast... for Liverpool Dockers... :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Buckjumper said:

Dont get saying the word sparkle that american Thomas the tank was crap and thats what the conductor ran out of

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
I have drawn the outline of the boards, and started on the contours. there a lots of subtle contours to the road that need to be worked on but its getting there.
I have tried to avoid any straight edges on the boards :D

Attachments

• Ground plan 02.jpg
    Ground plan 02.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Ground plan 02.jpg
    Ground plan 02.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 44

28ten

Guv'nor
It will be about 19ft long, without any compression. Ashburton was small!
I really would like a railbus or a bubble car.....

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I'm surprised that nobody produces a 4 wheel rail bus in 7mm as I would have thought it would be a popular model :scratch: , a bubble car would look nice in your diesel era scenario though :cool:

Cheers Phill