Albion Yard & Others

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
They do like very nice, Paul. With my head full of a planned W&U layout, the 4whl brake next to the J70 really does look the part.

As does Shelfie 3, even at this early stage.

Rob

PMP

Western Thunderer
2DA551B2-B28F-4615-954E-8A4EB763D7F3.jpeg
Some Welsh influences creeping onto S2. The most modern item here is the MDV, a contemporary Five79 (ex Chivers) kit. The 08 is a very early Bachmann release so probably around 15 years old, and the brake van is Airfix 1980’s era. The MDV’s are nice kits, I’ve a second batch underway. Seriously tempted to try a working loading screens on an extended ‘diorama/micro’ Shelfie. The concept being I can then use it if successful in the FoD master project in the future.

PMP

Western Thunderer
Paul, I am instantly intrigued!

Hi Tim,
The idea is to build a layout/s that captures three or four FoD locations, similar in concept to Geoff Taylor’s Penmaenpool layout. This would allow prototype running through recognisable locations taken from FoD and S&W lines. I’d like to include Serridge Jnc, Eastern Utd, and possibly have an active/scenic fiddle yard based on a compacted Bilson Jct. Whilst the theory works, the space currently doesn’t without perhaps changing to proprietary couplings, which I’d like to avoid. Ideally when we’re allowed out to play again, groups could come and play trains!
56AA96AD-66FD-4651-9D3C-6F6852B2A8EE.jpeg
In the meantime I’m still adding appropriate stock to the fleet. :)

Last edited:

PMP

Western Thunderer
Those couplings look interesting...
4BD1C19A-BE57-4632-8DA6-C9C36C639CCF.jpeg

8FD1BB29-2DAF-4084-9AE3-DD36F5CB3A7D.jpeg
They are Iain, a little oversize on the shaft into the NEM mount, but a quick tidy with files sorts that. The legs on the NEM shaft flex without problems and couple/uncouple with no more difficulty than the standard types. The print does flex a little, vertically too and I’ve not tried to break any, on the two coach formation I’m using they’re good. I might get the Kato track out and set up a seven car set to see how they work on train set geometry, which’ll be worst case scenario