4mm & 7mm Llanfair ....

LarryG

Western Thunderer
There's been some messing around with trackwork, so I thought it best not to post anything until tonight. I've just added the weathering. A siding has disappeared to leave space for a coal yard and the loop has been shortened to leave several inches more space at the dead end for a decent entrance to the goods yard plus weighbridge and what-not...
WEB NuTrack 2.jpg

It's a catch point at the end of the goods shed track hence the dirty unused rails. It needs another paint because it dried the wrong colour. None of the points are bullhead now.....
WEB NuTrack 3.jpg

Nothing much to say about this shot except I love this little 45xx.....
WEB NuTrack 4.jpg

General view of things. The goods shed needs bedding into the ballast so it won't lean. An old rusty tin of Humbrol No.186 was used on the running line as an experiment. The rest is PPC 'Rusty Rails'...
WEB NuTrack 5.jpg

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I have copied the colouring from a photo of a prototype catch that protects the running line, but for some reason it looked more accurate in yesterday's darker 'Frames'Dirt'.....

WEB NuTrack 6.jpg

Water tank spillage would assist the growth of grass etc. Grass closest to the running line has been affected by weed killer.....
WEB NuTrack 7.jpg

Procuring a length of bullhead is very expensive and so Peco flat-bottom was used at the end of the platform...
WEB NuTrack 8.jpg

Last edited:

Mick LNER

Western Thunderer
Have you ever managed to actually complete a layout in any gauge ?? You were on RM Web years ago, doing exactly the same scenario then !!

Western Thunderer
How many of us do actually finish a layout? I've only just about not quite nearly finished my first one.

I reckon you need a bigger shed to make O gauge work for you, but that's a bigger undertaking.
Tony

Hayfield1

Western Thunderer
I can understand the frustration Larry is having with 4mm scale, having built up a small collection of 7mm locos and stock.

For me there is something about the mass of 7mm locos (especially with my whitemetal locos) that the 4mm models cannot replicate

I think 7mm modelers are better off with track than their 4mm counterparts. RTR is not perfect, but so much better looking. But it depends what part of the hobby interests you.

Good morning Larry,

Having acquired the Rapido 16xx from you, subject to posting, I was wondering if you would be also interested in selling some of the layout structures please?

In particular, the signal box, water tank and goods shed?

No problem if not.

Cheers, Nigel.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Good morning Larry,

Having acquired the Rapido 16xx from you, subject to posting, I was wondering if you would be also interested in selling some of the layout structures please?

In particular, the signal box, water tank and goods shed?

No problem if not.

Cheers, Nigel.
Nigel

This really is not a conversation for the forum. Please use a PM.

Thanks

Dave

LarryG

Western Thunderer
Baseboard widened after laying 0 gauge track on top of the 4mm layout to see how much space was needed for everything. The current job is adequate and far less expensive than constructing a whole new baseboard.....
WEB 7mm new 1.jpg

Baseboard awaiting new 1/8" cork following removal of old cork...
WEB 7mm new 2.jpg

Un-planed 3" x 3" posts and 7" x 1" planks ready for constructing the outdoor section.....
WEB 7mm new 2B.jpgWEB 7mm new 2C.jpg

Last edited: