5.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Misc 201.jpg
    Misc 201.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Tipton and Dudley port in the garden

HI Ian

the packing case looks the part and very apt for your midlands line i used to do panic deliveries to the longbridge plant amongst others didnt longbridge have its own railway network once ?

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

The BL plant at longbridge was built on a railway line that became surplus to requirements and was closed it did have an extensive railway network and it's own engines but as we all know when the end came it came very quickly. only the chains to fix and then a bit of varnish then on to the next one 5 to do in total all bound for the plant.

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer

Ian, those look exellent. Right stupid question time. Obviously you have scanned a pic of a label then re-sized. What programme/software did you use and what size did you end up using. I've got some car registrations to do but microsoft word wont allow me to get small enough :headbang:

Rob :wave:

Simon

Flying Squad

That looks really good, superb bit of painting and weathering of the wood and the labels are an inspired touch.

The destination gives an added dimension of time and place to the model too :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

lancer1027 said:
Ian, those look exellent. Right stupid question time. Obviously you have scanned a pic of a label then re-sized. What programme/software did you use and what size did you end up using. I've got some car registrations to do but microsoft word wont allow me to get small enough :headbang:

Rob :wave:
As phill suggested I used Paint set the background colour to black and the foreground colour to white, I then selected the letter option then set the letter size at 48, wrote what I wanted then used Paint to reduce the size saved it and then copied it to Office repeated it as many times as I needed then printed them out.
if any one knows a quicker way I am all ears

Ian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer

Good work there Ian, could be a nice little earner - do you need Arffur Daley's phone number?

regards

Mike

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.

Great stuff Ian :thumbs: :thumbs: could be an Allegro in there :)) :)) What did you use for the wooden planks for case? I'm always tempted to steal loads of tea/coffee stirrers (wood ones) from McDonalds or Starbucks etc when I nip into
those establishments, I always think they look like they could have some sort of model railway application :thumbs: :wave:      Ross....

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

Correct As seen on a train heading to london normally by the counter stick em to a box hit em with dirty thinners a quick varnish add the labels more varnish bobs your uncle. Give that man a carrot

Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

Ross they actually did that you know! they produced 4000 cars a week and some where flat packed for assembly in far off places such as China, Gambia and such like amazing to think an Austin Allegro all that way

Ian

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer

rosspeacock said:
Great stuff Ian :thumbs: :thumbs: could be an Allegro in there :)) :)) What did you use for the wooden planks for case? I'm always tempted to steal loads of tea/coffee stirrers (wood ones) from McDonalds or Starbucks etc when I nip into
those establishments, I always think they look like they could have some sort of model railway application :thumbs: :wave:      Ross....

Hi Ross those stirrers are what used for the floor in Severn. Although mine are from Costa, each time I go in I pick up two or three but don't use them to stir my coffee.  just pop them in my pocket. I have just glued a couple together to make the wooden cross members and other bits for my NER buffer stop. I will post some pictures once I have it assembled.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

only 2 or 3 I grab a hand full I have also got a few of the plastic ones left as well and if any ones interested a useless piece of information the stirrers are the exact height and width for the framing spars underneith wagons.

Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Tipton and Dudley port in the garden Locomotives being made

My babies are coming on. For the uninitiated the brass Locomotive is Electric :thumbs: :thumbs: :)) :)) :))

Ian

Attachments

• 0 001.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 0 002.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 0 003.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 0 004.jpg
    7.8 MB · Views: 4

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

Wow  :eek: , that's an impressive pair Ian  :))  :drool:. The brass PRMRP electric looks like a very good kit as does the 40 of course  :thumbs:

Phill

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade

25Kv it will be I have allways had a fasination with the sparks effect, both of the loco's are being constructed for me by MTH the 40 is straight out of the kit box JLTRT and assembled the 86 now thats a different proposition, the kit has been retro'ed back to an 86 0 from an 86 2 as it was more in line with what I wanted. Mat removed so much white metal from the roof of the cabs that he was picking up filllings for months, :headbang:

Ian