Re: West Mersea

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Looking very nice...

Might have to grind all that paint off the tops of the rails though eh...  :))

JB.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Glad to see we as a group got a mention in the latest S7 news letter and even I got a mention as ' the member from York ' :)). Not a massive newsletter this month which maybe should have been renamed the ' Doom and Gloom ' news letter, am I missing something as it seems a little like S7 is in crisis ???

ATB Mick   

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

7mmMick said:
Glad to see we as a group got a mention in the latest S7 news letter and even I got a mention as ' the member from York ' :)). Not a massive newsletter this month which maybe should have been renamed the ' Doom and Gloom ' news letter, am I missing something as it seems a little like S7 is in crisis ???

ATB Mick 

I think we're okay, especially once we get a few more S7 layouts on the circuit, and also an S7 test track at Telford. I have been told there wont be anything at this years event, but there is a very good chance of having something roundy roundy at Telford 2012 to prove that S7 works and shows what we get up to. Also we need more people to send in articles to the S7 newsletter.. A little 'pot kettle black' as it's something I am very guilty of. I really must put pen to paper and send in a few articles very soon, especially for the K2, and the working brake van once I get it finished.. Also I have been summoned to write a little piece about the Gresley bogies once I have them finished and etched up. Time has passed me by rather rapidly recently..!

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

I think your right JB, we all have these projects on the goand I suppose we should try and find a little time to write up a few lines for the S7 newsletter :scratch: but I'm off thread here, so here's a WMR up-date. The trap point has been laid in the loco spur, but not quite finished, this was started by John Watson and I had a finger in it as well, if you'll excuse the phrase :))  and some ballasting has been done on the private warehouse siding, credit due to Steve Wheeler and John Watson. A very nice job indeed.

ATB, Col. 

Attachments

• DSCF2162.JPG
    DSCF2162.JPG
    970.2 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF2161.JPG
    DSCF2161.JPG
    918.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF2160.JPG
    DSCF2160.JPG
    854.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF2159.JPG
    DSCF2159.JPG
    958 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF2158.JPG
    DSCF2158.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • DSCF2163.JPG
    DSCF2163.JPG
    980.5 KB · Views: 23

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Just checking in from Vancouver.. Ballasting and trap point look fantastic!!

Looks vicious so I hope none of my engines have a runaway..

JB.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Yesterday at the June WMR meeting Dave Rayner fitted the buffer stops at the end of the reception sidings, John Watson and myself fitted the stretcher bars to the loco siding trap-point and some missing check-rails to the point that will eventualy lead to the gas works, at the moment it leads to the edge of the baseboard and the floor "look out JB" :))
Don Field, LMS Guru and one of the God Fathers of scale 7 was cleaning paint off the tops of the rails on the extension as did John Birch on the main layout. John B had bought his RTR Aussie railcar to run complete with sound and lights, very nice, looking forward to seeing his scratch built unit that he's working on. :thumbs:
Pete Naisbitt gave me a nearly complete GW Loriot "D" or Lowmac, as there always called, to complete, paint and weather ;). Mike Goodall brought his radio controled "Jinty" which ran over the painted track, and anything else in the way :)) All in all a good meeting, sorry there's no photo's as I forgot my camara, but hears a shot of the Lomac taken once I got home.
ATB, Col.   

Attachments

• DSCF2185.JPG
    DSCF2185.JPG
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 22

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Afraid there's not too much to report since the last meet, Steve Wheeler has started ballasting and Peter Hunt has been building the superstructure for the embankments on the extension leading up to the traverser.

Next meeting is this coming Sunday July 31st. All welcome as usual. Grub and all the tea and "paint stripper" coffee you can manage :))

ATB, Col. :thumbs:

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
West Mersea

Me neither - three heavily congested children up all night unable to sleep. Grand total of 2 hours snooze.

They're all OK and bright as buttons today, and I feel like a zombie.

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Hi JB & Ade,

Man Flu eh ::) :))

A fair few turned up today,I turned up late having delivered a loco and horse box to Peter Cavalier in Theydon bois, Dave Rayner was working on the buffer stops :thumbs:(Nice job) while others were erecting the extensions outside which now have embankment frame work attached and new support legs.
The road has also been worked on as can be seen in the photo's.

But as usual on a Sunday it turns into a general chin wag, squinting at the Grand prix on the box. :))
and eating ex BR curly sarnies :))
Hope Jo's  :wave: mopping your feverish brow JB :))

ATB, Col. 

Attachments

• DSCF2234.JPG
    DSCF2234.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF2235.JPG
    DSCF2235.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • DSCF2236.JPG
    DSCF2236.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • DSCF2237.JPG
    DSCF2237.JPG
    943.4 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF2238.JPG
    DSCF2238.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Have you used Cadbury's flake on your buffer stops ?  :scratch:  :)) :))

Steve  :thumbs:

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

A few new shots of WM..

Attachments

• Extension2.jpg
    Extension2.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Extension3.jpg
    Extension3.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Bridge2.jpg
    Bridge2.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Bridge1.jpg
    Bridge1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Extension1.jpg
    Extension1.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 22

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Scale7JB said:
The disposable bridge which will apparently be dispensed with and a 'proper'(?) one built eventually?

WOW if that's disposable how nice will the "proper" one look.  :drool: :drool: :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbs: :thumbs:

When it's disposed of if it needs a home bear me in mind  :thumbs:

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

The archetectural side of railway modelling is really Peter's forte, here he is, taken a couple of years back, with the so called "mock ups" of the station area which he reckons he's going to burn on the fire :eek: when he makes the real ones,......... not on my watch mate :thumbs:

ATB, Col
If anyones near Sudbury tommorrow, there will be a few of us there, call in for a cuppa :thumbs:

Attachments

• Deeley & WMR 006.JPG
    Deeley & WMR 006.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • Deeley & WMR 007.JPG
    Deeley & WMR 007.JPG
    878.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Deeley & WMR 008.JPG
    Deeley & WMR 008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • Deeley & WMR 005.JPG
    Deeley & WMR 005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

A mid week meeting today with work being carried out on the embankments on the main line that runs through to the traverser. More ballasting and lint laying, although from the look of the photo what is really happening is JB is doing his best Harry Potter impression, note the wand in his hand :)) while John Birch is stirring something to do with alchemy, will he discover green like Sir Percy :scratch:
and chief Wizard Steve Wheeler gives instruction by hand signals................ well there wasn't too much to say in the way of a description I always see a funny side in photo's. ;D............"jeez something odd about these cigarettes" :))

On a serious note JB's superb Thompson coaches hauled by his J68 in the second shot running on his excellent sprung bogies, I've ordered mine :thumbs:

ATB, Col.

Attachments

• DSCF2319.JPG
    DSCF2319.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2318.JPG
    DSCF2318.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

I'm a little teapot.. Thanks Col..  :))

Good productive day had by all I think..

Attachments

• ExtensionMesh1.jpg
    ExtensionMesh1.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 18
  • ExtensionMesh2.jpg
    ExtensionMesh2.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 17
  • ExtensionMesh3.jpg
    ExtensionMesh3.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 18
  • ExtensionMesh4.jpg
    ExtensionMesh4.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ExtensionMesh5.jpg
    ExtensionMesh5.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 16

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Another well attended meeting at the WMR today, Aug. 28th. Main activity was track cleaning after the spray painting from previous weeks, and checking loading gauge clearances through the platform, I'll leave Buckjumper to explain that one.

Here's some shots of the day, and no JB hasn't just dropped his L1 he's waiting for it to explode by the look of it :)) or was it too hot to handle  :scratch:

In the middle shot we have JB's J39 suitably weathered and in the third we have Ade's F5, My F3, Peter's J69 with JB's J68,K2 and 39 in the background.

ATB, Col

Attachments

• DSCF2356.JPG
    DSCF2356.JPG
    859.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF2355.JPG
    DSCF2355.JPG
    831.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF2357.JPG
    DSCF2357.JPG
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 17