Re: West Mersea

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Could you post a picture of the underside of the wagon, then we can see what needs doing..

JB. 

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

The end you see fitted is the rocking end which should be fine but the other are plastic W irons, not sure if it's worth replacing them with brass. I would like to make them spring with the bits I got though. Also how much were brass wagon horn blocks, Col thought you got them from Slater's but I thought you got them from Peter??

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Not the best pictures  :headbang:

ATB Mick

Attachments

• 2011_0401WestMersea2703110001.JPG
    2011_0401WestMersea2703110001.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 2011_0401WestMersea2703110002.JPG
    2011_0401WestMersea2703110002.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 138

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

eastsidepilot said:
"obviously keepinh to the speed limit"

Mick, Couldn't shake the blue light off then mate  :)) :thumbs:

Col. 

:)) :)) Put it this way I made ggod time and there were no Traffic cars sighted on the way back. Although I did see a burnt out speed camera on the way back which made me smile  :)) :))

ATB Mick

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Mick,
You should be able to get the wagon horn block bearings from Slater's, would be worth the effort to make it all sprung, especially in S7.  :thumbs:
Col.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

I think Mick was talking about the Slaters Wagon hornblocks that I got from Peter, which I use with etch kits... Unfortunately they wouldn't be much use in this instance.. I think the Exactoscale as you have used on the LNER tube wagon, would be the best bet.

JB.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction chaps, do you think I could get away with keeping the rocking end thus converting two wagons for the price of one or would it look daft ??

eastsidepilot said:
Your right 28Ten, Exactoscale would be best.

Peter should have those in stock Mick.

Col.

Cheers Col, i'll add it to the list for April's meeting  :)) :))

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

You probably could get away with it, but I wonder if you might have wished you had gone whole hog afterwards, especially if you have a choice of the correct length exacto wagon underframe...? I know it's annoying when you have to throw half the kit away because of springing, but....

JB.

28ten

Guv'nor
West Mersea

I'm with JB, you might as well do it properly from the start. Anyway the springing is much better  :))

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Thanks for the advice chaps  :thumbs: It would look daft with different thinkness w-irons and it would always bug me. I'll pick up some exactoscale parts at the West Mersea April meeting and do the job right, after all it's what S7 is all about. I'm ashamed I was thinking of ways around it  :)) :))

Best regards Mick

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Current progress on WM is that signed off sections of the track are starting to be decorated... It starting to look very nice indeed !!

Attachments

• TrackweatheringWMR.jpg
    TrackweatheringWMR.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 24

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Very nice JB,

What colours are you chaps using on the trackwork, it looks very realistic so far  :thumbs:

ATB,  Martyn.

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

I'm afraid I couldn't tell you... it's all being done by other members of the group... It is looking rather impressive though..

JB.

D1054

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Nothing wrong by being brilliant (or guilty!) by association! :))  Looking good, and the videos are very nice too.... puts it all into perspective! :thumbs:

Scale7JB

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Thought this pic from my workbench might be of interest too because of the track weathering...

Attachments

• L1RestingonWMR.jpg
    L1RestingonWMR.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 24

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
West Mersea

Here's another update for you on the WMR, as JB mentioned earlier the track is masked for spraying, pit fitted (or should that be dug). Next job to be considered will be point rodding, signal wires etc and ballast.

ATB, Col. 

Attachments

• DSCF2108.JPG
    DSCF2108.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 23
  • DSCF2109.JPG
    DSCF2109.JPG
    932.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF2110.JPG
    DSCF2110.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCF2111.JPG