Re: West Mersea

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
I must read my own web-sites before posting links to them! In my defence, those words were written a decade or so ago, although they are still roughly what I'm aiming for.

A 6A "block" style chair will be in the next 3D draft print, after I finish the GER chairs required by Steve and Sopwith.

Is Sopwith building his own pointwork? I'll be seriously impressed if he is... ;)

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
For those of you hot from your exertions at Sudbury, is there a meeting on 26 August, that being the last Sunday in the month, or does Peter hie himself off to the Bahamas? I'm just trying to update the Diary page of the Newsletter. Come to that, anyone fancy doing a quick report on progress?

Thanks in advance...
Richard

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
It was a good day today. 7mmMick came all the way from upt north to say hello hello. :thumbs:

He bought along his recent slaters wagon builds to show us that had been fitted with MMP working spring leaf suspension. Very impressive. The rain held off long enough to take some pictures outside. Mick will post these up later.

As excellent lunch was provided by Peter and I don't think there'll be much left for his tea.

As usual Peter spent an inordinate amount of time trying to extract cash from wallets and I picked up a second hand MRJ and an excellent book on British Rail Wagons.

There was a lot of other stuff going on but I didn't see much of that as I managed to lose my glasses :(

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
For those of you hot from your exertions at Sudbury, is there a meeting on 26 August, that being the last Sunday in the month, or does Peter hie himself off to the Bahamas? I'm just trying to update the Diary page of the Newsletter. Come to that, anyone fancy doing a quick report on progress?

Thanks in advance...
Richard

Richard,
Next meeting should be 26th Aug.
As far as progress on the WMR is concerned we carried out further work on the switch and crossing in the westside yard that leads to the cattle dock siding.
The crossing vee was cut to fit and the other switch, which kicks back off the cattle dock road was glued back down (we had managed to lift this and recover the complete switch, with out any damage fortunatley, saving us some extra work)
Dave supplied the correct chairs for laying the new switch, these are a superb products from him and are highley reccomended, and there's more on the way, hopefully :cool::thumbs::D.
Phil has reported as can be read in his post, Mick's wagons are superb, worth a pic at least in the S7 newsletter me thinks......Mick, contact Richard mate:thumbs:
Ade arrived late in the day and bought a superb GER 0-6-0t R24, or is that an S56:rolleyes: Ade will correct me I know, finished in glorious GER BLUE . Another pic needed........Ade!
Dave showed a wagon but I'm afraid I did not find out what it was, perhaps dave can elaborate for us.

All in all a good meeting, great to catch up with one and all.

ATB, Col.

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
Richard,
Next meeting should be 26th Aug.
As far as progress on the WMR is concerned we carried out further work on the switch and crossing in the westside yard that leads to the cattle dock siding.
The crossing vee was cut to fit and the other switch, which kicks back off the cattle dock road was glued back down (we had managed to lift this and recover the complete switch, with out any damage fortunatley, saving us some extra work)
Dave supplied the correct chairs for laying the new switch, these are a superb products from him and are highley reccomended, and there's more on the way, hopefully :cool::thumbs::D.
Phil has reported as can be read in his post, Mick's wagons are superb, worth a pic at least in the S7 newsletter me thinks......Mick, contact Richard mate:thumbs:
Ade arrived late in the day and bought a superb GER 0-6-0t R24, or is that an S56:rolleyes: Ade will correct me I know, finished in glorious GER BLUE . Another pic needed........Ade!
Dave showed a wagon but I'm afraid I did not find out what it was, perhaps dave can elaborate for us.

All in all a good meeting, great to catch up with one and all.

ATB, Col.

Thanks Colin; that's very useful.

Richard

S-Club-7

Western Thunderer
Given that these chairs are "printed", how do you fix the chairs to the timbers?

The chairs are "printed" in an acrylic-type material so not affected by solvents easily available to modellers. The underneath of the chairs have a number of indentations (e.g. "6A" so you can identify the chair) so glues will be able to use these for grip.

If you're confident that the chairs are in the correct place then a drop of "superglue" will hold the chair. If you'd like some adjustment time then try 30-minute epoxy; uhu; bostick; or evo-stick in "wet" non-impact mode.

Chairs for the switches have yet to be drawn, you saw the chairs for the crossing.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Apologies Phil, when I got back last night from the slog up Country the wife would not allow any more train related activity as she called it :headbang::))

Below are some attached images from the day, to say myself and Phil are completely usless with camera I don't think the ones outside have come out too bad. If only people knew we were balancing the lot on the school yard gates and laying on the floor to try and capture them:)) . The first picture is hopefully a taste of things to come, a local pick up working to Love Lane, will this be the first WM Group exhibition layout??

Copy of 2012_0729PoWagons0001.JPGCopy of 2012_0729PoWagons0005.JPGCopy of 2012_0729PoWagons0011.JPGCopy of 2012_0729PoWagons0017.JPGCopy of 2012_0729PoWagons0024.JPGCopy of 2012_0729PoWagons0027.JPGCopy of 2012_0729PoWagons0029.JPG

ATB Mick,

PS Col, we didn't take the J tank outside, I daren't balance that on the gate as well :)):thumbs:

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Also picutred are Phil's Grampus, one of my PO wagons and Col's J tank. Oh and Love Lane with the shop in the background. I had a great day once again and managed to collect some P-way materials, looking forward to the next meeting,

ATB Mick