4mm Parkend Marsh Sidings in P4

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
One thing I have found with the Scalescenes stone paper, is that the spraying of matt varnish does help to make it look textured, as the original printing, whilst good quality, left a slight sheen to the paper.

I had toyed with scribing some kind of relief onto the mortar lines, but I couldn't be sure that any tool I might use, wouldn't risk tearing the paper.

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
I helped John set up and operate 'Parkend Marsh Sidings' today, as a 'dry run' for the 'Mini Scaleforum' next Saturday, which is one of the various local events around the country that the Area Groups are putting on, in lieu of the main exhibition, which was cancelled some time ago. Our Area Group is staging an event as part of this.

A few photos from our session today.

The 'Police House' takes shape, next to the completed 'Other House':

A couple of Toads try to hide from the camera:

pricei

Western Thunderer
The grass growing across the sidings looks very realistic, John. Was that achieved with just a light dusting of static grass?
Ian

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
We had a very good day yesterday at the 'Mini-Scaleforum' event that our Area Group put on in Devon, as part of the overall Scalefour Society events in lieu of Scaleforum.

Here are some images from the main hall, including 10800's superb 'Lewes', which is gradually taking shape:

I spent most of the day operating Re6/6's 'Parkend Marsh Sidings', so I didn't take any photos in our part of the event until Ian Harrison brought his lovely kit-built '517' 0-4-2T and some area-appropriate private owner coal wagons in, to give us a bit of a 'pre-grouping' feel to the proceedings:

Then right at the end of the show, things got a bit silly, when someone opened a time portal:

This rather nice Craftsman '02' from David Smith was another welcome visitor:

GrahameH

Western Thunderer
A cracking day and good company too !

May I add my small contribution in the shape of my first ever trial 3D print of a "Herring" wagon body which needs some minor fettling. It was well received by both Tim and John which I was very happy about.

Herring print.jpg

Last edited:

Alvis

Having followed your posts for a while now I must say you have captured these sidings at Parkend perfectly.I have visited the Forest of Dean numerous times over the years and always stopped for a wander when in Parkend and looking at these pictures is just like being there....Wonderful.

Alastair.