7mm Great Victoria Street Station

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Sorry, can't help with the brick questions as I have little knowledge of railways in London. However, I can say that the ballasted and weathered trackwork looks absolutely superb and totally prototypical - one of the benefits of S7, I suppose.
One slight concern is the steepness of the signal box access stairs - almost a companion way angle. I can see that space is an issue, but even so......
Dave.
Dave,
Thank you. The signalbox was built about 30 years ago, and I'm not sure by whom.

Agree, it does look like ladder steepness rather than stairs.
Alan,
I'll mention the observations made by yourself and Dave about the steps on Tuesday.
I don't believe it is S7, more one of the finer 32mm standards (32MF?).
Adrian,

All the new points and crossings are built to 31.5mm (O-MF). You'll notice the lack of chopsticks!

Ian

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Bexhill sits fondly in my memory - DEMUs to visit an aged aunt and I saw my first K shunting the gasworks. Catching prawns for tea around the rocks, and if you were lucky a dover sole too. I could almost smell the ozone!

Brian

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
One of the most detailed layouts I have seen. Just one example.....A hole in the road. Top modelling in every department.
Larry,

I shall pass your kind comments on to the rest of the lads.
The "hole" on the bridge is manhole cover. The work of Len Sherrard who is sadly no longer with us, but others have taken up where he left off.

Ian

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Fingers crossed that the final length of track has been laid....
20240319_200926.jpg
Three sidings off the turntable which can accept two locomotives of up to 65' length each. The "coaling road" to the right of frame can accommodate a further three locomotives of 65' length as well.

A view showing the intended location of the water softener, and a Schools class for good measure.
20240319_212005.jpg

The crew messroom and shunters office building has been away with Mr Hughes for some TLC and modification, including a new water tank on the roof.
20240319_212348.jpg

Lancastrian

Western Thunderer
Moving away from GVS for a moment, Simon Tull has brought round the new watertower for Bexhill. Based on the one at Faversham, it is still a work in progress.
20240416_153612.jpg

Meanwhile, Dave Hughes has brought round his latest creation for Coulsdon station.
20240416_152111.jpg
20240416_152101.jpg
20240416_152045.jpg
20240416_152136.jpg

Pete Joy completed some girders for Coulsdon which have also been installed.
20240416_153226.jpg

Last edited: