Bulleid Q1 - 33030

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Looked at that one Cynric did not boast a resovoir, but did say that it turned the compressor on when brush used and off when trigger off.

28ten

Guv'nor
I think it must have a small (tiny) reservoir to hold preassure for the instant stop/start - just enough for about 5 secs or so whilst the compressor kicks in. The ideal is for a large 50 litre res but I didn't fancy that under the living room!

adrian

Flying Squad
I can recommend the Jun-air compressors, I picked one up many years ago for £100 and I'd bet I could get that today on ebay. It includes a reservoir and the compressor is sunk in an oil bath so it's quieter than the fridge. There's one on ebay at the moment for £200 but one went for £107 last weekend. They've got a good sized tank (~25l) but it's still a good compact design.
Adrian

welshwizard

Western Thunderer
Profssional Airbrush Compressor BCSW-20 - 4 daily use

The BCSW-20 is a professional airbrush Compressor for daily use.

With a volume level of only 38dB (fridge level), he is among the quietest.

Air flow min 17-20 L
Volume about 38dB
Maximum pressure 6 bar
Pressure continuously adjustable
Fuel tank capacity 4 liters
Weight approx 18 Kg
Automatic shutdown
Pressure Regulator
Manometer
Water Separator

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
When I went into the workshop this morning, I decided to check out the compressor, just in case the problem was nothing more that a loose wire. Having removed the pressure gauge so that the cover could be slid off, I noticed a reset button that I had not noticed before - pressed it in, re-assembled the pressure gauge and - presto aworking compressor ;D ;D ;D

So, for the time being at least, I'll stick with this one and see what transpires over the coming months - why are these reset buttons never in a place where they can be seen!

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

well the trial run at Llanbedr went as smoothly as it could, straight out of the box a few quick turns up and down the test track and then on to the continuous run - and all ran very well, so it's onwards and upwards and back into the workshop tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 33

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike, you could always leave the 47 two tone green , fade it down to a well worn look and keep the 4 character headcode :thumbs: ;D

Rob :wave:

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

won't be doing anything yet as there is the 08 to do next and the basics of the layout, but Green is beginning to appeal to me, especially as I would rather like to build another one of these

Attachments

• DSCF0820.JPG
    DSCF0820.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 16

Rob Pulham

Western Thunderer
Hi Mike, I am glad all went well with the test run.
Thats a strange looking beasty but it certainly has appeal, even to my kettle orientated mind (but don't tell the wife or I will be missing a few extremities :)))