Any one for Kettering - 2nd March?

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I thought about going by car as the Good Lady wishes to take the car in the opposite direction. I thought for as long as it takes to realise that the venue is not well served by public transport... ie. buses. If I understand the route 49/50 timetable then the last bus from the venue to town is not long after two o'clock. Anyone any better ideas as to getting between the venue and the railway station apart from taxi?

regards, Graham

daifly

Western Thunderer
According to Chris Klein (and he should know) Ixion will announce what their next loco is to be at the Kettering show.

Western Thunderer
Graham, I'm sure a WT'er could be persuaded to drop you back at the station...

Phil, Are you going to kettering ?. Will GJHPlant be there ?. I'm not going but Rob (Lancer) is. I might want some items from GJH, Can Rob pay & pick up, if there ?.

Steve :cool:

Western Thunderer
Phil, Are you going to kettering ?. Will GJHPlant be there ?. I'm not going but Rob (Lancer) is. I might want some items from GJH, Can Rob pay & pick up, if there ?.

:oops: Must re read our conversations before posting :headbang:

Dave

Western Thunderer
I'll be going. If you see an old green Land Rover dripping oil onto the car park, it'll be mine. :rolleyes:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Big car park, but gets full. I had to park outside last year in front of someones new house, they were not impressed :p

I believe there were two events on the same day last year, so hopefully fingers crossed this will not be a problem this year;)........we struggled to park last year, but it has never been a problem in previous years:)

BTW I'm definitely going now too :)

Western Thunderer
Checked the updated footy fixtures, There is a God up there. The Rams now play on the friday night (night before) so i'm going to Kettering. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

TheSnapper

Western Thunderer
I think the parking problem last year was due to some sort of pre-Olympics do, so hopefully this year it will be back to normal ie. plenty of space.

Tim

Montacute

I found the venue's lighting way too gloomy last time I went a couple of years ago and for that reason, I don't think I'll go again!

Regards

Dan
Dan
The lighting at the venue has been upgraded. They responded to Guild critism. It was like day last year. Parking and access has been improved this year too.
I'll be there wearing my Guild hat.
Bob

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Dan
The lighting at the venue has been upgraded. They responded to Guild critism. It was like day last year. Parking and access has been improved this year too.
I'll be there wearing my Guild hat.
Bob

Thanks for that Bob - it's nice to know I can now think about attending, funds permitting!

Regards

Dan

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Well it looks like I will be in attendance meeting SGT Marsa there, never been to this one before and frankly not looking forward to the drive what's the quickest route from Birmingham (and I said the quickest route to get to kettering not fastest to get away from Birmingham) as Sat Navs are crap at the longer distances but ok when you are nearly there

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Well it looks like I will be in attendance meeting SGT Marsa there, never been to this one before and frankly not looking forward to the drive what's the quickest route from Birmingham (and I said the quickest route to get to kettering not fastest to get away from Birmingham) as Sat Navs are crap at the longer distances but ok when you are nearly there
There's only one way, the A14, takes you almost to the door step, about 5mins drive from the A14, so straight down the M6 and onto the A14, simples!