7mm Welsh Narrow Gauge Quarry Railways in 7mm scale

Osgood

Western Thunderer
That's a shame but understandable with no limitless resources.
I don't know what happens if / when a listed structure becomes dangerous - I guess a committee takes a decision as to its importance and worthiness for expenditure to preserve / conserve and its fate is thus decided.

Paul_H

They are listed:
Pen-yr-Orsedd Quarry, Blondins and Associated Structures, Llandwrog, Gwynedd

But like the Dorothea beam engine, with no provisions for restoration, preservation or public access as far as I'm aware.
Wow, I didn't know they were listed. From that link it sounds like they were listed when there were more still standing.
Presumably someone still owns the land at PYO and ought to be responsible for them, but I doubt they'd take any interest in conservation or restoration of the Blondins. They seem to be left to decay and fall apart. The final one standing will eventually fail unless some expensive action is taken. It's the sort of project that might once have been funded by the EU, but now it seems unlikely that state funds could be found for it.

As I understand it, the beam engine house and engine is currently privately owned which prevents access. The owner either can't or won't engage with the engine's conservation and it has suffered a lot in recent years from that neglect.
I've heard of people taking an active interest in trying to save the beam engine, but the Blondins don't seem to have anyone as their advocate :-(