UQ Signal

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
HYBRED 12.JPG

After making several signals for friends I had a few bits left over, I decided it was time to build a few for my own layout "Sallyfield Jct". Of the three, this one may be of interest, and is a little different. Apart from the arm etc, all "Homebrewed" including the colour light head, and incidently my first atempt at aMultiple Aspect Signal.

Simon

Flying Squad
Signal-tastic:thumbs:

I remember a similarly mixed type signal just outside Richmond on the District line that I used to pass on my way to college.

Sallyfield Junction sounds interesting, would it be near Hull?

Simon

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
Sallyfield Junction, is named after a very good friend of mine. Yes, the model is set in Hull, and early '60's, an hypothetical junction between the NERly and the H&B Rly, Sallyfield, is on the H&B Section.

Jon Fitness

Western Thunderer
View attachment 32541

After making several signals for friends I had a few bits left over, I decided it was time to build a few for my own layout "Sallyfield Jct". Of the three, this one may be of interest, and is a little different. Apart from the arm etc, all "Homebrewed" including the colour light head, and incidently my first atempt at aMultiple Aspect Signal.
Very nice and a bit different too. Is it LEDs in the c/l head?
Am I right in saying the c/l stays unlit until the stop arm is off then it shows yellow/double yellow or green?
Cheers
JF

micknich2003

Western Thunderer
John, the green spec of the arm is blanked out, and with the arm at at danger, the "MAS" is unlit. Hypotheticly, the "MAS" is capable of showing "Y", "YY" or "G", in practise it dosen't, the specs are actualy "Araldite. Thanks for your kind words. Mick.